Southern Utah Basketball Pauses Activities, Idaho State Series Canceled
CEDAR CITY, Utah – The Southern Utah men’s basketball program has paused all activities and canceled their two-game series with Idaho State due to COVID-19.
Southern Utah basketball announced that they have multiple positive COVID-19 test results among their Tier 1 individuals. They were scheduled to play Idaho State on Thursday, January 28 and Saturday, January 30 in Pocatello but it is now canceled. As of right now, Big Sky Conference games that are canceled will not be rescheduled.
It’s the second time that the program had to pause all activities due to COVID-19. The first time was on December 29, which forced them to cancel their two-game series against Montana State on December 31 and January 2.
The Thunderbirds are 11-3 overall and 6-2 in Big Sky Conference play. They have wins over University of Saint Katherine, Montana twice, Utah Valley, Dixie State, Bethesda College twice, Idaho twice, Eastern Washington and Weber State. Their losses came against Loyola Marymount, Eastern Washington and Weber State.
SUU is coming off of a split series with Weber State, losing to the Wildcats in Ogden before getting revenge with a win in Cedar City on Saturday. The program will try to play a two-game series against Northern Colorado at home on Thursday, February 4 and Saturday, February 6.
- Casey Scott Reflects On The Darkest Days Of His Life While Staying Positive About The Future - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1576)
- Tony Finau Loses The Genesis Invitational In Playoff - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1192)
- UHSAA Releases 2020-21 State Basketball Championship Brackets (pageviews: 758)
- Utah HC Larry Krystkowiak Reacts To Double Dribble Call In Oregon Loss (pageviews: 652)
- Jazz Set Franchise Record For Most Threes In A Single Game In Win Over Hornets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 545)
- BYU Basketball Rounding Into NCAA Form With Blowout Win Over LMU (pageviews: 430)
- Game Night Live Rewind: Top Plays From Final Week Of Boys Hoops' Regular Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 369)
- Jazz C Rudy Gobert Blocks Dunk Attempt By Hornets Rookie LaMelo Ball - KSL Sports (pageviews: 336)
- Why Do The Jazz Lose Games? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 318)