Rudy Gobert Named Finalist For Magic Johnson Award
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Professional Basketball Writers Association announced the finalist and winner of the 2019 Magic Johnson Award, which honors the player who best combines excellence on the basketball court and cooperation and dignity in dealing with the media and the public.
Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert was named a finalist with Washington Wizards guard Bradley Beal, Draymond Green of the Golden State Warriors and Orlando Magic center Nikola Vucevic.
Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade received the award.
- Dwyane Wade Gives Closing Prayer At Latter-day Saint Baptism
- Jazz Fan Invites Rudy Gobert To Birthday Party, Gobert Asks For Invitation
- Rudy Gobert Named To All-NBA Third Team
- Rudy Gobert Selected To NBA All-Defensive First Team For Third Straight Season
- Rudy Gobert Named Defensive Player Of The Year Finalist
Gobert is a finalist for the Defensive Player of the Year award, which he won last season. He was also named First Team All-Defense and All-NBA Third Team.
The Jazz big man has been active in the community as well like when the Jazz fan invited Gobert to his birthday party and Gobert responded with a request for an invitation.
Gobert will be playing with the French National Team at the FIBA World Cup in August.