Utah State’s Gary Andersen’s Coaching Seat ‘All Good For Now’,Pressure May Come Soon
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Head coach of Utah State Football Gary Andersen’s coaching seat is “all good for now”, according to an analysis of FBS coaches who may be on the hot seat by CBS Sports.
Last season was Andersen’s first year back with the Aggies, but his second stint with the team. He led Utah State to a 7-6 regular-season record. The team lost to Kent State in the Frisco Bowl.
Andersen has spent time on coaching staffs at Utah, Wisconsin, Oregon State and Utah State. His first stint with Utah State was between 2009 and 2012.
Gary Andersen’s Coaching Seat
CBS Sports ranked FBS coaches on a scale of 0-5.
- 0: Untouchable (Nick Saban, Dabo Sweeny, Mike Leach)
- 1: Safe and Secure (Dan Mullen, Mel Tucker, Bronco Mendenhall)
- 2: All good … For now (Karl Dorrell, Johnathan Smith, Matt Wells)
- 3: Pressure is mounting (Kalani Sitake, Jim Harbaugh, Eli Drinkwitz)
- 4: Start improving now (Manny Diaz, Will Mushcamp, Tom Herman)
- 5: Win or be fired (Clay Helton, Chip Kelly, Scott Frost)
On the CBS Sports ranking, Andersen was given a 2 (3), meaning he is all good for now, but pressure could begin forming.
CBS Sports said the 2020 ranking “should be noted for their coolness.”
More than half of FBS coaches (67) are rated either “0” or “1”. There are only 11 coaches on the hot seat (rated 4 or 5).
Seats of coaches like Oklahoma State’s Mike Gundy (3 (1)) and Iowa’s Kirk Ferentz (3(0)) are ranked a little warmer because of non-football reasons.
Gundy apologized to his players after he was photographed wearing an OAN t-shirt. OAN is a cable news network rated by Media Bias/Fact Check as being “not a credible news source.
Star running back Chubba Hubbard called out the shit on Twitter.
Ferentz admitted to having a “blind spot” in not being aware of problems that made players of color feel mistreated.
Other Coaches At Utah Schools
University of Utah head football coach Kyle Whittingham is ranked “untouchable” at zero. Whittingham led the Utes to two consecutive Pac-12 South titles, but feel in both Pac-12 Championship games, once to Oregon and once to Washington.
BYU’s Kalani Sitake is ranked 3, meaning the pressure is mounting, according to CBS Sports. Sitake led the Cougars to a 7-6 regular season and a loss in the So-Fi Hawaii Bowl.
- Report: 'No Chance' BYU Joins Big 12 For 2020 Football Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2448)
- Report: 'No Chance' BYU Joins Big 12 For 2020 Football Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1602)
- Utah Jazz G Donovan Mitchell Wears Bulletproof Vest Prior To Game Against Pelicans (pageviews: 1255)
- Utah Jazz G Donovan Mitchell Wears Bulletproof Vest Prior To Game Against Pelicans (pageviews: 912)
- Utah Jazz Guard Donovan Mitchell Becomes Third-Fastest Active NBA Player To Score 5,000 Points (pageviews: 881)
- Utah Jazz Guard Donovan Mitchell Becomes Third-Fastest Active NBA Player To Score 5,000 Points (pageviews: 717)
- Utah Jazz Players Kneel During National Anthem Prior To Tipping Off Against New Orleans Pelicans (pageviews: 440)
- Utah Jazz Guard Donovan Mitchell Becomes Third-Fastest Active NBA Player To Score 5,000 Points (pageviews: 385)
- BYU Partnering With Big 12 Conference In 2020 Would Be Dream Scenario - KSL Sports (pageviews: 357)