Former Utah State Quarterback Jordan Love Officially Signs Deal With Green Bay Packers
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Former Utah State and current Green Bay quarterback Jordan Love officially signed his rookie contract with the Packers.
On Wednesday, July 1, Green Bay announced that Love had signed his first NFL contract.
Love was originally selected by the Packers with the No. 26 pick during the first round of the 2020 NFL Draft.
According to the NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo, Love received and signed a four-year, $12,383,470 contract that was fully guaranteed.
It is reportedly the first time in NFL history that a No. 26 pick has received a fully guaranteed deal with the league’s current rookie contract system.
Jordan Love’s Utah State Career
Love joined former Utah State head coach Matt Wells’ program in 2016. USU was the only FBS school to offer Love a scholarship after his career at Liberty High School in Bakersfield, California.
During his first year in Logan, the quarterback sat out as a redshirt.
In 2017, the redshirt-freshman QB played in 12 games including six starts to close out the season. He ended the year completing 54.9 percent of his passes for 1,631 yards, 8 touchdowns, and 6 interceptions. Love set a Utah State record for most passing yards by a freshman in a season.
As a sophomore in 2018, Love had a breakout season. The QB completed 64.0 percent of his throws for 3,567 yards, 32 touchdowns, and 6 interceptions. He recorded the 10th best passing efficiency (158.3) in the country and threw for the eighth-most passing touchdowns in the nation.
Love’s junior season at Utah State had its ups and downs. Wells left Logan for Texas Tech at the end of 2018 and former Utah State head coach Gary Andersen was hired for a second time to lead the Aggies. Andersen and his staff maintained the previous staff’s offense with Love returning at quarterback. However, the Aggies lost a number of weapons from the 2018 season.
Despite those losses, the Utah State quarterback still recorded a completion percentage of 61.9 percent during his final season in Logan. He threw for 3,402 yards and 20 touchdowns but posted 17 interceptions. Love also set USU single-season school records in both completions and attempts.
In December 2019, Love announced that he would forgo his senior season and enter the 2020 NFL Draft.
He ended his Aggies career with Utah State records of 9,003 yards of total offense and 12 career 300-yard passing games.
- Dixie State Football Team Pulls Woman To Safety After Her Hair Gets Caught In Rappelling Rope - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3423)
- Report: Big Ten Conference Cancels 2020 Football Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2082)
- Dixie State Football Pulls Woman To Safety After Her Hair Gets Caught In Rappelling Rope - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2002)
- Report: Power 5 Conference Commissioners Discussing No Football In Fall - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1452)
- BYU Lands Commitment From WR Quenton Rice - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1176)
- Gobert a DPOY Finalist, Mitchell Questionable, Teams Mad At Jazz - KSL Sports (pageviews: 765)
- BYU Lands Commitment From WR Quenton Rice - KSL Sports (pageviews: 550)
- Report: Power 5 Conference Commissioners Discussing No Football In Fall - KSL Sports (pageviews: 421)
- BYU Hall Of Fame QB Jim McMahon Announces Upcoming Documentary On His Life - KSL Sports (pageviews: 382)