Sam Merrill Named Mountain West Conference Player Of The Week
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State guard Sam Merrill has been named the Mountain West Conference Player of the Week after two spectacular performances this past week.
In the Aggies’ 75-72 win over Colorado State on Tuesday night, Merrill recorded a season-high 32 points on 12-18 shooting from the floor and 6-10 from the three-point line. He also had 5 assists and 4 rebounds in 38 minutes. The Bountiful, Utah native also reached 2,000 career points in the game against CSU, becoming the fourth Utah State player to reach that milestone. He also moved up to No. 3 in the all-time career scoring list in Utah State history.
Merrill led Utah State in scoring as well in their 71-59 win over Fresno State to finish their two-game road trip with victories. He dropped 24 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists on 8-15 field goal shooting and 3-6 from beyond the arc.
Utah State is sitting in second place in the Mountain West with a 21-7 overall and 10-5 conference record with three games remaining in their regular season.
This season, Merrill ranks second in the Mountain West in scoring at 18.6 points per game, while also posting 4.3 rebounds and 4 assists per contest. He is shooting 44 percent from the field and 41 percent from beyond the arc.
During the game against Fresno State, Merrill moved up to No. 5 in the Mountain West Conference All-Time career scoring list.
The Aggies will wrap up their regular season with two of their last three games at home beginning on Wednesday night against the Wyoming Cowboys. Tip-off is at 7 p.m. and will be broadcast on ESPN 3.
- BYU Football Coach Kalani Sitake, Daughter Jam To Beyoncé Song - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3688)
- Utah Department Of Health Clears Jazz Players Rudy Gobert, Donovan Mitchell Of Coronavirus (pageviews: 2556)
- Bracket: Who Is The State Of Utah's Best College Basketball Player Ever? You Decide. - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2314)
- Celebrate John Stockton's Birthday With The 12 Best Moments From His Career - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1993)
- How Latter-day Saint Missionaries Returning Early Due To Coronavirus Impacts BYU Football - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1933)
- Sitake Announces New Leaders Of BYU Football Recruiting Efforts - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1423)
- Former Salt Lake Bees Star Mike Trout Narrates Touching Video On What Would Be MLB Opening Day (pageviews: 1065)
- RSL Foundation To Open Domestic Violence Shelter After Coronavirus Leads To Increased Urgency - KSL Sports (pageviews: 847)
- NBA Set To Reduce Salaries Of League's Top Executives - KSL Sports (pageviews: 505)