Legend Of Sam Merrill And The Second Place Utah State Aggies
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Tuesday night, Utah State knocked off Colorado State, 75-72 in Fort Collins.
With the win, the Aggies secured a 20-win season and are now in second place in the Mountain West Conference with four games left to play.
Sam Merrill also joined the 2,000 point club on Tuesday night.
A layup at the 11:49 mark of the first half gave Merrill 2,000 points exactly; and then passed Wayne Estes for third place on the all-time scoring list with a three-pointer at the 10:15 mark of the first half.
Merrill finished the night with 32 points, a season-high, and 2,028 career points. Merrill needs 99 points to pass Greg Grant for the number 2 spot.
On this episode of the Scotsman, Matt is joined by KSL Sports anchor Sam Farnsworth to talk about the Aggies’ performance, the rest of their schedule, and what it will take for an at-large NCAA tournament berth.
Sam and Matt also talk about where Merrill ranks amongst the all-time greats at Utah State and whether he can pass Greg Grant for number two on the scoring list.
- BYU's Kalani Sitake Sternly Clarifies Cougars' Position On Potential Washington Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4079)
- Donovan Mitchell Keeps Tweeting At The Uno People - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3426)
- BYU's Matt Haarms Will Be Game-Time Decision For New Orleans (pageviews: 2959)
- Utah Jazz Officially Sign Former BYU Guard Jake Toolson (pageviews: 2595)
- BYU Basketball's Gavin Baxter To Have MRI On Injured Knee - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1180)
- BYU Basketball: Three Observations From Win Over Westminister (pageviews: 1121)
- Podcasts Archives - KSL Sports (pageviews: 869)
- Derrick Favors: Utah 'Feels Like Home' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 777)
- Unrivaled: BYU Must Add Games To Improve College Football Playoff Rankings (pageviews: 649)