BYU Guard Jake Toolson Plans To Sign With Utah Jazz
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Jazz plan to sign BYU guard Jake Toolson to an Exhibit 10 contract according to KSL Sports sources. Toolson averaged 15.2 points, 4.8 rebounds, and 3.9 assists as a fifth-year senior for BYU.
The former Cougar was one of college basketball’s best shooters throughout his unique college career. The sharpshooter began his career at BYU, transferred to Utah Valley University, before returning to BYU for his junior and senior seasons.
Exhibit 10 contracts are one year NBA contracts for the league’s minimum salary. Traditionally, teams use exhibit 10 deals to audition a player during training camp, while retaining the option to assign that player to the team’s G League affiliate if they are waived.
If the Jazz were to designate Jake Toolson as an affiliated player, they could retain his rights and assign him to the Utah Stars if he doesn’t make the team’s 15 man roster.
On Thursday, Shams Charania of The Athletic reported that the Jazz had signed Florida State guard Trent Forrest to a two-way contract. Adam Zagoria reported that the Jazz had signed Seton Hall big man Romaro Gill to an Exhibit 10 deal.
- BYU TE Matt Bushman Unveils Alternate Black Uniforms For SDSU Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4500)
- ESPN Misses Utes' Series As Camera Feeds Go Offline During USC/Utah Game (pageviews: 3860)
- BYU Guard Jake Toolson Plans To Sign With Utah Jazz - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3263)
- With No South End-Zone Where Will Utes, Trojans Dress Prior To Kick Off? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2115)
- Utah Jazz Players React To Reported Signings Of Jordan Clarkson, Derrick Favors (pageviews: 1860)
- No. 8 BYU Steamrolls North Alabama, Improves To 9-0 (pageviews: 1420)
- Reports: Washington Reached Out To BYU To Play, Cougars Wanted Firm Commitment - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1406)
- Utah QB Jake Bentley Replaces Cam Rising Following Apparent Injury Against USC (pageviews: 1260)
- Saints QB Taysom Hill Completes Career-Long Pass On TD Drive Against Falcons (pageviews: 1236)