Report: Jazz Sign FSU Guard Forrest To Two-Way Contract
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Jazz draft night didn’t end after the final pick was announced. According to The Athletic’s Shams Charania, the Jazz signed Florida State guard Trent Forrest to a two-way contract.
Forrest played four seasons at Florida State where he earned All-ACC honors as a senior and was included on the ACC All-Defensive team.
“Florida State point guard Trent Forrest is signing a two-way contract with the Utah Jazz,” Charania tweeted.
Forrest averaged 11.6 points, 4.4 rebounds, and 4 assists as a senior with the Seminoles. Patrick Williams and Devin Vassell, two of Forrest’s teammates at Florida State were selected in the lottery during the 2020 draft.
The 6’4 guard is a poor three-point shooting, connecting on just 28 percent of his deep ball attempts as a senior which was an uptick from his 24 percent career average.
However, Forrest was regarded as one of the better defenders on the perimeter in college basketball last year posting impressive defensive numbers, teamed with a 6’7 wingspan.
All told, Forrest is a low-cost gamble for the Jazz, with upside as a backup point guard and defensive specialist. Forrest will assume one of the Jazz two previously occupied two-way contracts filled by Justin Wright-Foreman and Jarrell Brantley last season.
The Jazz also added Seton Hill center Romaro Gill according to Adam Zagoria. The big man will sign an Exhibit 10 contract which allows the Jazz to assign Gill to the Utah Stars should they waive him before the season begins.
Gill averaged 7.8 points, 5.6 rebounds, and 3.2 blocks during his sophomore season at Seton Hall.
- BYU's Kalani Sitake Sternly Clarifies Cougars' Position On Potential Washington Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2904)
- Donovan Mitchell Keeps Tweeting At The Uno People - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2322)
- BYU Football Comes In At No. 14 In College Football Playoff Rankings (pageviews: 2210)
- Utah Football Game Against Arizona State Canceled Due To COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1624)
- Utah Jazz Officially Sign Former BYU Guard Jake Toolson (pageviews: 1227)
- BYU's Matt Haarms Will Be Game-Time Decision For New Orleans (pageviews: 864)
- BYU Basketball: Three Observations From Win Over Westminister (pageviews: 728)
- Derrick Favors: Utah 'Feels Like Home' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 681)
- Britain Covey Confirms Hamstring Injury In #GiveThanks Instagram Post - KSL Sports (pageviews: 652)