Former Utah State Guard Sam Merrill Selected By Milwaukee Bucks In 2020 NBA Draft
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Milwaukee Bucks selected former Utah State guard Sam Merrill with the No. 60 overall pick in the second round of the 2020 NBA Draft.
The 2020 NBA Draft took place virtually on Wednesday, November 18.
New Orleans selected Merrill on behalf of the Bucks after the Pelicans had traded the pick earlier in the draft.
Merrill was the final pick of the 2020 NBA Draft.
The former Aggie joins a Bucks team that posted a 56-17 record during the 2019-20 NBA season.
Milwaukee reached the Eastern Conference semifinals in the postseason.
Sam Merrill At Utah State
The Bountiful, Utah native joined the Aggies in 2016 where he appeared in 30 games and starting in the final 18 games of the 2016-17 campaign. Averaging 9.4 points, 3.1 rebounds, and 3.3 assists per game, Merrill was just beginning a legendary career in Logan. The Aggies went 14-17 that season.
As a sophomore in the 2017-18 season, Merrill posted averages of 16.3 points, 3.3 rebounds, and 3.1 assists per contest. Utah State finished the campaign with a 17-17 record.
During his junior year, Merrill won the Mountain West Conference Player of the Year award and led the Aggies to a conference tournament championship. The 2018-19 season was Merrill’s best in Logan, averaging 20.9 points, 3.9 rebounds, and 4.2 assists per game. Utah State went 28-7 and appeared in the NCAA Tournament. They lost to Washington in the first round.
As a senior during the 2019-20 season, Merrill posted averages of 19.7 points, 4.1 rebounds, and 3.9 assists per game. His last game will likely be the most memorable of his career as he drilled the game-winning three-pointer to give the Aggies their second straight Mountain West Conference Championship.
Merrill ended his career at Utah State with 2,197 points, which is good for second in school history behind Jaycee Carroll. Also, second in assists with 477, and second in three-point field goals with 319.
- Instant Replay: Tom Brady Throws TD Pass To Drew Brees' Son After Beating Dad In NFL Playoffs (pageviews: 8592)
- Saints List QB Taysom Hill As 'Inactive' For NFC Divisional Round Against Buccaneers (pageviews: 6703)
- San Francisco 49ers Sign Former BYU Lineman Corbin Kaufusi (pageviews: 2422)
- Former Weber State Star Taron Johnson Ties NFL Postseason Record In Divisional Round Win (pageviews: 2316)
- Former BYU RB Jamaal Williams Helps Packers Run Into NFC Championship Game (pageviews: 2075)
- Utah State Releases Findings Of Investigation Into Comments Made By USU President About Frank Maile - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1477)
- BYU Basketball Takes On San Francisco Seeking Another Resume Building Win - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1391)
- Saints List QB Taysom Hill As 'Questionable' For NFC Divisional Round Against Buccaneers (pageviews: 1350)
- Analysis: BYU Basketball Reveals Team Identity During Road Sweep - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1067)