Post Malone Sports Utes Hat On Joe Rogan’s Podcast, Explains Why He Loves Utah
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Singer-songwriter Post Malone recently wore a Utah Utes hat and spoke about his experience living in Utah on the Joe Rogan Experience podcast.
Warning: Profanity is used in the podcast.
Malone, 25, calls Salt Lake City, Utah home after moving to the Beehive state two years ago from Los Angeles, California.
“I have no idea,” Malone said when asked why he lives in Utah.
“Everybody Is So Nice”
“Everybody is so nice, everybody is so nice in Utah and I do not know what tour it was exactly but there was supposed to be 5,000 people expected to show up and then we end up getting to the show and there is 17,000 people. So we had to move it outside of the venue right on the salt flats and I was just like, if this isn’t a sign from God or the aliens then I don’t know what is so I looked on houses on Zillow and found one and fixed it all up and now I have been there two years just about,” Malone continued.
“It is a good spot for a guy like you too because it is chill,” Rogan stated. “In comparison to the rest of your life which is so crazy.”
“Being in Utah it’s so peaceful, like you (Rogan) said, and you get to focus on the music and wake up to the mountain and the sun sets at 10 p.m. which is bizarre right around this time. It’s just nuts, you know,” Malone said.
“Utah has always got a weird vibe, man. Like Zion National Park, you go out to the rocks,” Rogan added.
It is no secret that Malone enjoys his time in Utah.
Utah The “Oasis”
Malone famously depicted Utah as his “oasis” in an interview that went viral with Variety. The interview, which occurred in September of 2019, revolved around his new album titled “Hollywood’s Bleeding” where he publicly accused Hollywood of having “a lot of vampires.”
While explaining why he decided to make the move from Hollywood to Utah, he referred to Utah as an “oasis.”
“I feel like a lot of people want to be somebody. They’ll use every piece, last piece they can get out of you to better themselves and not think about anybody else,” Malone said.
Furthermore, in January 2020, Malone flashed his Utah driver’s license in a Doritos commercial that aired the same day as the Grammy’s.
Malone has also filmed a number of his music videos in the mountains and salt flats of Utah. As well as referencing the “Utah snow” in his hit-single song titled “Wow” that would eventually be nominated for awards at the Teen Choice Awards and the American Music Awards.
Malone loves Utah as much as Utahns love him.
Tom Hackett is a Utah and Real Salt Lake Insider for KSLsports.com and host of the It’s Utah’s World Podcast (Utah Football themed) and The Lion’s Den Podcast (Real Salt Lake themed). Follow him on Twitter: @TomCantHackett.
- Report: 'No Chance' BYU Joins Big 12 For 2020 Football Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2448)
- Report: 'No Chance' BYU Joins Big 12 For 2020 Football Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1602)
- Utah Jazz G Donovan Mitchell Wears Bulletproof Vest Prior To Game Against Pelicans (pageviews: 1255)
- Utah Jazz G Donovan Mitchell Wears Bulletproof Vest Prior To Game Against Pelicans (pageviews: 912)
- Utah Jazz Guard Donovan Mitchell Becomes Third-Fastest Active NBA Player To Score 5,000 Points (pageviews: 881)
- Utah Jazz Guard Donovan Mitchell Becomes Third-Fastest Active NBA Player To Score 5,000 Points (pageviews: 717)
- Utah Jazz Players Kneel During National Anthem Prior To Tipping Off Against New Orleans Pelicans (pageviews: 440)
- Utah Jazz Guard Donovan Mitchell Becomes Third-Fastest Active NBA Player To Score 5,000 Points (pageviews: 385)
- BYU Partnering With Big 12 Conference In 2020 Would Be Dream Scenario - KSL Sports (pageviews: 357)