Jazz Players Attend Utah Football’s Game Against UCLA Bruins
Sep 23, 2023, 4:10 PM | Updated: Sep 25, 2023, 2:24 pm
SALT LAKE CITY – A group of Utah Jazz players pulled up to Rice-Eccles Stadium for the Utes conference matchup against the UCLA Bruins.
Collin Sexton, Johnny Juzang, and Micah Potter were all cheering for Utah Football on Saturday.
enjoyin’ the day ☀️🏈 pic.twitter.com/4V9cATX0WA
— Utah Jazz (@utahjazz) September 23, 2023
Well, Sexton and Potter were definitely rooting for the home squad.
Juzang, a UCLA alum, was most likely rooting for a Bruins upset in SLC.
— UCLA Men’s Basketball (@UCLAMBB) September 23, 2023
The Jazz players may have brought some good luck to the Utes. They held UCLA to their first scoreless half since 2016.
Utah led UCLA going into the final quarter, 14-0.
Three Storylines For UCLA Vs. Utah
- Cam Rising. There has been some buzz around this week. More than the previous two weeks against Baylor and Weber State, but equal to Florida. Do Ute fans get to see their beloved QB1 at long last? It’s feeling more possible than it has in a while, but no one is going to know for sure until when/if number seven goes running out on the field suited.
- Battle Of The Freshman Quarterbacks. If there is no Cam Rising for Utah, that means redshirt freshman Nate Johnson will be leading the charge. On the opposite side of the field, five-star freshman standout Dante Moore will be leading the UCLA Bruins. With that in mind, there is some fun potential to get a look at the bright future at quarterback in college football with this game- even if both parties will be going their separate ways moving forward.
- The Beginning Of The End. This game, along with all of the rest of the Pac-12 openers this weekend marks a moment of bittersweetness as the league will mostly dissolve after this season. It also looks to be one of the most epic seasons in conference history with the amount of talent and competitive teams on the roster for the “Conference of Champions.” For this game specifically, the Utes will be moving on to the Big 12 while the Bruins will be heading to the Big Ten in 2024. Don’t take these games and moments for granted. Fans are in for a treat, albeit a sad one watching the last chapter of a rich 108-year-old history. Savor. Every. Moment.
— KSL Sports (@kslsports) September 20, 2023
Two Questions Heading Into UCLA Vs. Utah
- Who Starts At Quarterback? Stop me if you’ve heard this before. Unfortunately, until Cam Rising is back this will continue to be a big question. Especially with the Utes entering conference play and a three-peat on the line. The longer they go without Rising in conference play, the less likely it is they take home a third title.
- Who Wins: Utah’s Run Defense Or UCLA’s Run Offense? This matchup is going to be fun. Right now, the Utah defense ranks 10th in the country and second in the Pac-12 in rush defense while UCLA currently ranks third in the country and first in rushing offense. Whoever is most effective in this battle wins the game.
— KSL Sports (@kslsports) September 21, 2023
Are you on Threads yet? Let’s connect, give us a follow @kslsports.
Chandler Holt is a co-host for the Jazz Notes podcast and a Digital Sports Producer for KSLSports.com, specializing in all things basketball and football. Follow Chandler on Twitter @ChandlerHoltKSL or on Threads @chandlerho1t.
Take us with you, wherever you go.
Utah Utes Scoreboard
Utah Utes Team Leaders
Utah Utes Standings