Hornets Broadcasters Go Nuts Over Donovan Mitchell Travel No Call
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The television broadcasters for the Charlotte Hornets went nuts over a travel that was supposed to be called on Utah Jazz star Donovan Mitchell.
In the first half of their contest, the Hornets television broadcast showed an instant replay of Donovan Mitchell committing a travel but it didn’t get called.
Mitchell stopped his dribble just above the three-point line. He used his left foot as his pivot foot. The Jazz All-Star moved around before using his left foot to step behind the three-point line and he nailed the three-pointer.
Here is what the broadcasters said on the play when they were breaking down the instant replay.
PBP (Play-By-Play): Picks up his dribble.
Analyst: Oh my!
PBP: Oh that’s egregious!
Analyst: Wow, come on now.
The Hornets had a 67-64 halftime lead over the Jazz. Mitchell had 10 points on just 3-of-10 shooting and his only three-pointer in the first half came from that travel no call. Former Jazzman Gordon Hayward finished with 15 points in the first half. LaMelo Ball led all scorers with 16 points in the opening half.
The Jazz will finish their two-game homestand on Wednesday, February 24 against the Los Angeles Lakers. Tip-off is at 8 p.m. MST on ESPN.
- Casey Scott Reflects On The Darkest Days Of His Life While Staying Positive About The Future - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1576)
- Tony Finau Loses The Genesis Invitational In Playoff - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1192)
- UHSAA Releases 2020-21 State Basketball Championship Brackets (pageviews: 758)
- Utah HC Larry Krystkowiak Reacts To Double Dribble Call In Oregon Loss (pageviews: 652)
- Jazz Set Franchise Record For Most Threes In A Single Game In Win Over Hornets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 545)
- BYU Basketball Rounding Into NCAA Form With Blowout Win Over LMU (pageviews: 430)
- Game Night Live Rewind: Top Plays From Final Week Of Boys Hoops' Regular Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 369)
- Jazz C Rudy Gobert Blocks Dunk Attempt By Hornets Rookie LaMelo Ball - KSL Sports (pageviews: 336)
- Why Do The Jazz Lose Games? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 318)