Blazers Star Damian Lillard Beats Bulls On Buzzer-Beating Three-Pointer
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Former Weber State and current Portland Trail Blazers guard Damian Lillard buried a three-pointer at the final buzzer to beat the Chicago Bulls.
The Bulls hosted Lillard and the Blazers on Saturday, January 30.
With 6.2 seconds left in the fourth quarter and the Bulls holding a two-point lead, the Portland and Chicago met for a jump ball. The Blazers won the tip and kicked the ball out to Lillard.
The former Weber State star drove towards the right angle and rose up for a shot behind the arc. Lillard’s shot fell through the cylinder as the horn sounded and gave Portland a 123-120 victory.
He finished the contest with a game-high 44 points on 15-26 field goals. Lillard shot 8-17 from three. He also added five rebounds, nine assists, and a steal in 36 minutes on the court.
With the win, Lillard and the Blazers improved to 10-8 on the season.
Portland’s next game is against the Milwaukee Bucks on Monday, February 1 at 6 p.m. (MDT).
About Damian Lillard
Lillard played college basketball for the Weber State Wildcats from 2008-2012.
During his time in Ogden, he scored 1,934 points.
After his senior season, he was selected by the Portland Trail Blazers with the 6th overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft.
In 2017, Weber State honored Lillard by retiring his jersey.
- Casey Scott Reflects On The Darkest Days Of His Life While Staying Positive About The Future - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1576)
- Tony Finau Loses The Genesis Invitational In Playoff - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1192)
- UHSAA Releases 2020-21 State Basketball Championship Brackets (pageviews: 758)
- Utah HC Larry Krystkowiak Reacts To Double Dribble Call In Oregon Loss (pageviews: 652)
- Jazz Set Franchise Record For Most Threes In A Single Game In Win Over Hornets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 545)
- BYU Basketball Rounding Into NCAA Form With Blowout Win Over LMU (pageviews: 430)
- Game Night Live Rewind: Top Plays From Final Week Of Boys Hoops' Regular Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 369)
- Jazz C Rudy Gobert Blocks Dunk Attempt By Hornets Rookie LaMelo Ball - KSL Sports (pageviews: 336)
- Why Do The Jazz Lose Games? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 318)