Utah Football Receives Commitment From 4-Star Texas Transfer Ja’Quinden Jackson
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah Football received a commitment from four-star Texas transfer Ja’Quinden Jackson.
Jackson was a part of the 2020 recruiting class for the Longhorns, signing his letter of intent on December 18, 2019. After enrolling in Austin, Texas on June 4, 2020, Jackson decided to enter the transfer portal on December 15, 2020.
On December 20, 2020, Jackson made his transfer to Utah official. He announced his decision on Saturday evening.
Coming out of Duncanville High School in Duncanville, Texas, Jackson was a four-star recruit. He was the No. 10 ranked prospect in the state of Texas and the third highest rated dual threat quarterback in the nation.
Jackson is a track and field athlete as well. Many believe that his reason for picking the Utes is because of the connection he has with current star running back Ty Jordan, who once verbally committed to the Longhorns before ultimately deciding to sign with Utah.
His long list of offers coming out of high school includes, Texas, Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida State, Houston, Illinois, Jackson State, Kansas, LSU, Missouri, Nebraska, North Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Purdue, SMU, TCU, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Utah and Virginia Tech.
The Utes have four quarterbacks currently on the roster with Cameron Rising, Jake Bentley, Drew Lisk and Cooper Justice. It’s unknown if Bentley and Lisk will return next season with the eligibility being frozen this season.
The last quarterback to transfer from the Texas Longhorns to Utah was Cameron Rising.
- Shaq Doesn't Like Painting Of Donovan Mitchell Dunking On Him - KSL Sports (pageviews: 6097)
- Steve Kerr Thinks Jazz Are Where Warriors Were 'Three Or Four Years Ago' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2413)
- Donovan Mitchell Responds To Shaq; Media, Celebrities React - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1698)
- Utah Gymnast Fighting To Make Olympic Trials After Bout With COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1631)
- Jimmer Fredette Continues To Ball Out In China, Drops 70 Points - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1268)
- Jazz Obliterate The Warriors On Historic Night - KSL Sports (pageviews: 977)
- Local NFL Players, Coaches Participating In Super Bowl LV On February 7 (pageviews: 914)
- BYU Guard Alex Barcello Loses Part Of Tooth During Pepperdine Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 865)
- NFL Star JJ Watt Praises Former BYU TE Matt Bushman For Creating Foundation - KSL Sports (pageviews: 717)