Washington State’s Football Game Against Stanford Canceled Due To COVID-19
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. – The Pac-12 Conference announced that the Washington State game at Stanford has been canceled due to COVID-19.
The announcement comes after players and staff members on the Cougars tested positive for coronavirus.
The Pac-12 released the following statement on Friday afternoon.
“The Pac-12 has, after consultation with Washington State University, canceled the Washington State at Stanford football game scheduled for November 21. This decision was made under the Pac-12’s football game cancellation policy due to Washington State not having the minimum number of scholarship players available for the game as a result of a number of positive football student-athlete COVID-19 cases and resulting isolation of additional football student-athletes under contact tracing protocols,” the statement read. “Under Conference policy, the game will be declared a no contest.
“The cancellation of this game is very disappointing to our student-athletes and our fans,” the statement continued.” While all of us want to see our football student-athletes on the field competing, our number one priority must continue to be the health and safety of all those connected to Pac-12 football programs.”
Washington State is 1-1 on the season with a win over Oregon State in the season opener and a loss to Oregon last week at home. Stanford is 0-2 with losses to Oregon and Colorado.
This is the second Pac-12 game that has been canceled this week. Arizona State’s game against Colorado was canceled on Sunday. Six games in the conference have been canceled but one game was created last week with UCLA and Cal playing each other after their games with Utah and Arizona State respectively were canceled.
- BYU TE Matt Bushman Unveils Alternate Black Uniforms For SDSU Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4500)
- ESPN Misses Utes' Series As Camera Feeds Go Offline During USC/Utah Game (pageviews: 3860)
- BYU Guard Jake Toolson Plans To Sign With Utah Jazz - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3263)
- With No South End-Zone Where Will Utes, Trojans Dress Prior To Kick Off? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2115)
- Utah Jazz Players React To Reported Signings Of Jordan Clarkson, Derrick Favors (pageviews: 1860)
- No. 8 BYU Steamrolls North Alabama, Improves To 9-0 (pageviews: 1420)
- Reports: Washington Reached Out To BYU To Play, Cougars Wanted Firm Commitment - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1406)
- Utah QB Jake Bentley Replaces Cam Rising Following Apparent Injury Against USC (pageviews: 1260)
- Saints QB Taysom Hill Completes Career-Long Pass On TD Drive Against Falcons (pageviews: 1236)