Utah QB Drew Lisk, USU’s Chase Nelson Named Semifinalists For William V. Campbell Trophy
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah Utes quarterback Drew Lisk and Utah State’s Chase Nelson were named semifinalists for the William V. Campbell Trophy.
The William V. Campbell Trophy has 199 semifinalists, which recognizes an individual as the absolute best football scholar-athlete in the nation for their combined academic success, football performance and exemplary leadership. The National Football Foundation (NFF) will announce the finalists in November, and each of the finalists will receive $18,000 postgraduate scholarship as a member of the 2020 NFF National Scholar-Athlete Class with one winner of the 31st Campbell Trophy.
Each nominee must be a senior or graduate student in their final year of playing eligibility, have a GPA of at least 3.20, have outstanding football ability and has demonstrated strong leadership and citizenship.
Lisk graduated with a degree in kinesiology in the spring and will pursue a Master’s of Science in finance. The Jordan High School graduate was a walk-on in 2016 before being awarded a scholarship in 2018.
“Drew is a great leader in the Utah football program,” offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Andy Ludwig said. “His work ethic, intelligence, and competitiveness sets the standard on the football field and in the classroom.”
Nelson had season-ending shoulder surgery on August 24, one week after the Mountain West Conference announced all fall sports would be canceled or postponed. A major in human biology with a minor in chemistry, Nelson is on track to graduate in December and applied to medical school in July.
Over the last two seasons, Nelson played in 26 games for the Aggies, recording 7 tackles while playing on special teams in 2019.
- Cardinals Remember Utah Legend Larry Wilson With No. 8 Patch On Jerseys - KSL Sports (pageviews: 7716)
- BYU Enters Top 10 Of Coaches Poll, Moves Up In AP Top 25 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2579)
- BYU Punter Ryan Rehkow Busts For Cougars' Longest Run Of 2020 Season (pageviews: 1740)
- Cardinals Remember Utah Legend Larry Wilson With No. 8 Patch On Jerseys - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1589)
- BYU Enters Top 10 Of Coaches Poll, Moves Up In AP Top 25 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1190)
- Utah Football To Begin 2020 Season In Afternoon Tilt Against Arizona - KSL Sports (pageviews: 995)
- BYU To Wear Ghost White Uniforms On Halloween Against WKU - KSL Sports (pageviews: 836)
- BYU Punter Ryan Rehkow Busts For Cougars' Longest Run Of 2020 Season (pageviews: 831)
- Report: Former BYU Star Yoeli Childs Interviewed By Knicks, Making "Strong Impression" On Teams (pageviews: 601)