Jordan Clarkson’s Four-Point Play Helps Jazz End First Half On Big Run
ORLANDO, Fla. – The Utah Jazz were scorching from the three-point line against Dallas and ended the first half on a big run thanks to a four-point play from Jordan Clarkson.
With less than 30 seconds remaining until halftime, Clarkson attempted a shot in the lane but collected his own rebound. He took the ball out past the three-point line. Clarkson took a step back behind the arc and was fouled on the shot by former Jazzman Trey Burke. The Jazz sixth man made the shot and the free-throw to complete the four-point-play.
The Jazz ended the first half on a 15-2 run and took a 70-54 lead into the halftime break.
Utah set a new franchise record in the first quarter with nine three-pointers made. It’s the most in franchise history in one quarter. They also tied a franchise record for most three’s made in a half with 13. The Jazz made 13 of 24 attempts from beyond the arc in the first 24 minutes of action.
Clarkson led the Jazz with 18 points on 5 of 7 from the perimeter. Georges Niang and Mike Conley each made three triples. Joe Ingles and Jarrell Brantley each added one three-pointer as well in the opening half.
In the first half, Dallas made just two of their nine attempts from beyond the arc.
It’s the seventh of eight reseeding games for the Jazz. They are 2-4 inside the NBA bubble in Orlando. Donovan Mitchell did not play against the Mavericks due to an injury. Dallas is resting Luka Doncic, Kristaps Porzingis and Dorian Finney-Smith.
- Charles Barkley, Shaq: Donovan Mitchell Has 'Zero Impact' On Game Except Scoring (pageviews: 20403)
- Donovan Mitchell Responds To Shaq; Media, Celebrities React - KSL Sports (pageviews: 10669)
- Page not found - KSL Sports (pageviews: 5595)
- BYU Basketball Receives Waiver For Westminster Transfer Brandon Warr - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4048)
- Report: Japan 'Privately Concludes' Tokyo Olympics Will Be Canceled Due To Coronavirus (pageviews: 3668)
- Malone: Stockton Was 'Tough As A Pair Of Leather Boots' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3572)
- BYU/Portland: How To Watch, Listen, Or Stream At Tip-Off - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2130)
- Donovan Mitchell Fastest Player In NBA History To Hit 600 Threes - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1328)
- Early Look At Returning Leaders For BYU Football In 2021 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1163)
- Non Superstar Mitchell Leads Jazz To Seventh Straight Win - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1066)