What Desert Island Items Are Jazz Players Bringing To Orlando?
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Have you played the game desert island? What items would you bring to help pass the time if you knew you were going to be stuck in one location for an extended period of time? That’s the question Utah Jazz players had to answer as they departed for Orlando Tuesday night. The team spent their first night at The Walt Disney World Resorts, where they will remain through at least the last week of August to conclude the NBA season. Before leaving, several Jazz players recorded a video for the team revealing which items they were beginning to pass the time.
Donovan Mitchell, Rudy Gobert, Mike Conley, Joe Ingles. Jordan Clarkson, Royce O’Neale, and Georges Niang appeared in the video detailing their desert island items that will accompany them during their stay.
The items Jazz players are bringing range from bare essentials, to comfort items, to additional sporting equipment to help fill the lonely days.
Jazz Players Items
Mitchell and O’Neale both plan to bring video game systems to Orlando.
“Xbox, Playstation,” Mitchell listed. “Got to pack the Xbox,” O’Neale insisted.
Both players are avid gamers in their free-time. Mitchell participated in the NBA 2k Tournament early in the league’s hiatus. Both players have appeared on Twitch playing the popular Call of Duty video game series.
“I just play video games hang out my dog,” O’Neale said of how he has spent his time away from the NBA. “So I kind of feel like it’s gonna be the same thing [in Orlando], just without my dog.”
Gobert, also an active gamer, is opting for relaxation techniques during his stay. Gobert said he’s taking an “oil defuser for the room.” The center is bringing the scent defuser despite saying he’d lost 20 percent of his ability to smell since testing positive for COVID-19.
Conley, an avid golfer plans to take part in some of the world-class courses that are available to the players within the Orlando bubble.
“Golf clubs,” Conley said. “If we get a day off I might try to go out there since it’s nice and warm.”
Basketball fans got a chance to bid on a round of golf with Conley in Ohio to raise money for the ALL IN Challenge.
For those who follow Ingles on Twitter, his desert island item won’t be surprising. The Australian guard is bringing his own coffee maker to keep him company in Orlando.
“Coffee,” Ingles said bluntly. “I am actually taking my whole coffee machine.”
Ingles had previously hinted at his plans to spend as much time in his room as possible during his Orlando stay.
“I’m going to put myself in a position to be as safe as possible,” Ingles said. “I’m going to spend a lot of time in my room with my coffee machine and get to know it very well.”
The coffee maker isn’t the only item Ingles plans to bring. The Australian will also don his patented Chuck Taylor Converse sneakers at the Disney hotel.
“I ordered a new pair of chucks,” Ingles said. “Everyone will be proud.”
Not all Jazz players packed frivolous entertainment items. Forward Georges Naing said he was bringing essentials for on and off the floor activities.
” I am going to need my basketball shoes,” Niang said. “I am going to need my toothbrush, you’ve got to keep the pearly whites white. Probably going to need some boxer briefs. ”
Meanwhile, Jordan Clarkson packed to make his hotel room feel a little bit more like home. The Jazz guard implied he would be bringing some nostalgia to Orlando for his stay.
“A few of my actions figures,” Clarkson said.
The Jazz reopen the NBA season on July 30 against the New Orleans Pelicans. The game will be broadcast on TNT and AT&T SportsNet.
- Report: 'No Chance' BYU Joins Big 12 For 2020 Football Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2448)
- Report: 'No Chance' BYU Joins Big 12 For 2020 Football Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1602)
- Utah Jazz G Donovan Mitchell Wears Bulletproof Vest Prior To Game Against Pelicans (pageviews: 1255)
- Utah Jazz G Donovan Mitchell Wears Bulletproof Vest Prior To Game Against Pelicans (pageviews: 912)
- Utah Jazz Guard Donovan Mitchell Becomes Third-Fastest Active NBA Player To Score 5,000 Points (pageviews: 881)
- Utah Jazz Guard Donovan Mitchell Becomes Third-Fastest Active NBA Player To Score 5,000 Points (pageviews: 717)
- Utah Jazz Players Kneel During National Anthem Prior To Tipping Off Against New Orleans Pelicans (pageviews: 440)
- Utah Jazz Guard Donovan Mitchell Becomes Third-Fastest Active NBA Player To Score 5,000 Points (pageviews: 385)
- BYU Partnering With Big 12 Conference In 2020 Would Be Dream Scenario - KSL Sports (pageviews: 357)