Top Five Postseason Dunks From Jazz All-Star Donovan Mitchell
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – In just two short postseasons, Utah Jazz guard Donovan Mitchell gave fans plenty of impressive dunks to remember.
In 2018 as a rookie, Mitchell averaged 24.3 points per game. In 2019, Mitchell posted 21.4 points per contest in five games against the Rockets.
During Mitchell’s career in the postseason, he is averaging 23.4 points in 16 playoff games.
The SportsBeat team put together the five best dunks in the postseason in Donovan Mitchell’s young career.
5. 2018: Behind The Back Sets Up A Two-Hand Slam
It was Donovan Mitchell’s first ever playoff game when point guard Ricky Rubio stole the ball from Paul George of the Oklahoma City Thunder. On the break, Rubio passed the ball behind him to Mitchell who finished with a two-handed dunk.
It was Game 1 of the first round of the 2018 NBA Playoffs. Mitchell finished with 27 points and 10 rebounds in Utah’s 116-108 loss but the Jazz would go on to eliminate the Thunder in six games.
4. 2018: Donovan Blows By Paul George For The Hammer
In Game 2 of the first round series with the Oklahoma City Thunder, Donovan Mitchell continued to shine as a rookie in the postseason. Mitchell was on the right wing with Paul George defending him. The rookie took the ball and drove past George to finish with the right-handed slam.
Mitchell had 28 points and 6 rebounds in the Jazz’ 102-95 road win to tie the series at one heading back to Salt Lake City. Utah won the series in six games.
3. 2019: Donovan With The Steal And The Throw Down
In Game 3 of the first round series between the Jazz and the Houston Rockets, Donovan Mitchell fired up the Vivint Smart Home Arena crowd while on the fastbreak. Mitchell threw the ball to Jae Crowder, who threw the lob up to Mitchell as the young Jazz star finished with a right-handed jam.
Unfortunately, the Jazz couldn’t get the win as the Rockets won the contest 104-101 to take a 3-0 series lead despite Mitchell’s 34-point performance. Houston won the series in five games.
2. 2019: Donovan Skies For A 4th Quarter Throw Down
In Game 4 against the Rockets at Vivint Smart Home Arena, Donovan Mitchell and Royce O’Neale handed a two on one break against James Harden. Mitchell passed to O’Neale who threw the ball up to Mitchell who reached with his right hand to finish with an impressive slam dunk.
The Jazz avoided elimination with a 107-91 win. Mitchell finished with 31 points and 7 rebounds. But, the Rockets went back to Houston and ended the series in five games.
1. 2018: ‘Game…Blouses’
It was Game 2 of the Western Conference Semifinals series against the Houston Rockets when Donovan Mitchell stunned the crowd in Houston. Mitchell went into the lane and forced up a shot against Trevor Ariza. The shot missed but Mitchell elevated over two Rockets and threw down the ball with his right hand with authority.
Mitchell had 17 points, 5 rebounds and 11 assists as the Jazz stole a game in Houston with a 116-108 victory. The Rockets would eliminate the Jazz in five games.
You can watch all five dunks by Mitchell at the top of this story.
- Report: Big Ten Conference Cancels 2020 Football Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4062)
- Tom Holmoe Sends Message To BYU Ticket Holders Amid Uncertainty With Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2895)
- No Utah State Football: Mountain West Cancels Falls Sports (pageviews: 1227)
- BYU Installs New Splash Shield On Helmets To Prevent Spread Of COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 851)
- BYU Installs New Splash Shield On Helmets To Prevent Spread Of COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 736)
- Western Conference Playoffs Outlook After Jazz Tank Vs. Mavs - KSL Sports (pageviews: 650)
- Tom Holmoe Sends Message To BYU Ticket Holders Amid Uncertainty With Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 630)
- Trump, Coaches Push For College Football As Cracks Emerge - KSL Sports (pageviews: 580)
- O'Connell: Who's To Blame For The Cancellation Of College Football? Society. - KSL Sports (pageviews: 571)