Report: ESPN Plus Increasing Monthly Subscription Fee
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – According to The Verge, ESPN Plus is increasing their monthly subscription fee to $5.99 per month.
The price will match Hulu’s basic tier. The Verge reports that the annual price of $49.99 will remain the same and that the increase in price applies to monthly subscriptions.
ESPN Plus launched in April 2018, carrying an assortment of college games and other sports leagues. Only NFL and NBA games do not stream on ESPN Plus. The UFC recently switched their television partner with FOX over to ESPN mainly to stream fights on ESPN Plus.
The app had 2.2 million subscribers in March 2019 before that number grew to 7.9 million by March of this year. Part of the growth, they included a bundle deal with Hulu and Disney Plus, placing a $12.99 per month price tag for all three streaming services.
It’s unclear why Disney – who owns ESPN – is increasing the price for ESPN Plus especially with most major sports leagues not playing until later in July.
The Verge is reporting that the new monthly fee will begin in August.
- Local Teams Wish Fans Happy Independence Day, Happy Fourth Of July (pageviews: 10696)
- Former MLB Pitcher Tyson Brummett, Three Others Die In Utah Plane Crash (pageviews: 2045)
- Watch Jimmer Fredette Pulling Off Amazing Basketball Trick Shots - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1315)
- Ex-Ute Claims Scalley Used Racial Slur; Reacts To Reinstatement - KSL Sports (pageviews: 788)
- Watch Jimmer Fredette Pulling Off Amazing Basketball Trick Shots - KSL Sports (pageviews: 667)
- Disney Themed NBA Jerseys Feature New Spin On Jazz Purple Mountain Uniform - KSL Sports (pageviews: 592)
- BYU Football Extends Offer To Timpview QB Liu Aumavae - KSL Sports (pageviews: 554)
- Washington Redskins Announce Franchise 'Will Undergo A Thorough Review Of The Team's Name' (pageviews: 525)
- BYU Basketball Roster 2020-21 Built Off Impact Transfers - KSL Sports (pageviews: 503)