NWSL Partners With Google As National Sponsor
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The National Women’s Soccer League has partnered with Google as one of many national sponsors. Google joins the NWSL during an exciting time as the league becomes the first professional sport in the U.S. to return to competition following the COVID-19 related suspension in March.
“I’m thrilled to welcome Google back to the NWSL family and to partner with them to bring the transformative and inspiring stories of our league, players, and fans to people all over the world,” said NWSL Commissioner Lisa Baird. “Google is an industry leader, synonymous with technology and innovation and they’re going to bring both to our partnership as we look for new ways to connect with fans during the upcoming NWSL Challenge Cup.”
As a sponsor for the 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup, Google will support the players in getting back on the pitch in a number of ways. Athletes will share their diverse experiences through exclusive content that will be captured at the tournament and then shared on NWSL’s and Google’s social channels. Fans will also be able to follow along with the tournament right on Google Search. When people search for “nwsl tournament” or “nwsl schedule,” they’ll find the latest updates in a single view, including scores and team standings.
The NWSL will utilize Google Meet during the Challenge Cup to “securely host virtual cheering sections in club’s home markets around the country, bringing the fans to the competition at a time when they can’t watch in person.”
“Google aims to inspire and support women both on and off the field, which is why we are thrilled to once again partner with the NWSL and the 2020 Challenge Cup,” said Director of Global Marketing Partnerships Kate Johnson. “COVID-19 has impacted women’s sports and women’s owned businesses especially hard. You can’t become what you cannot see so we’re proud to help NWSL provide support and visibility in impactful ways.”
URFC Challenge Cup Schedule
Utah Royals FC will face the Houston Dash on Tuesday, June 30 before an Independence Day clash with Sky Blue FC. URFC will then see a midweek clash with OL Reign on July 8 before closing the group stage against Chicago Red Stars on July 12.
Tom Hackett is a Utah and Real Salt Lake Insider for KSLsports.com and host of the It’s Utah’s World Podcast (Utah Football themed) and The Lion’s Den Podcast (Real Salt Lake themed). Follow him on Twitter: @TomCantHackett.
- Local Teams Wish Fans Happy Independence Day, Happy Fourth Of July (pageviews: 10696)
- Former MLB Pitcher Tyson Brummett, Three Others Die In Utah Plane Crash (pageviews: 2045)
- Watch Jimmer Fredette Pulling Off Amazing Basketball Trick Shots - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1315)
- Ex-Ute Claims Scalley Used Racial Slur; Reacts To Reinstatement - KSL Sports (pageviews: 788)
- Watch Jimmer Fredette Pulling Off Amazing Basketball Trick Shots - KSL Sports (pageviews: 667)
- Disney Themed NBA Jerseys Feature New Spin On Jazz Purple Mountain Uniform - KSL Sports (pageviews: 592)
- BYU Football Extends Offer To Timpview QB Liu Aumavae - KSL Sports (pageviews: 554)
- Washington Redskins Announce Franchise 'Will Undergo A Thorough Review Of The Team's Name' (pageviews: 525)
- BYU Basketball Roster 2020-21 Built Off Impact Transfers - KSL Sports (pageviews: 503)