NFL Teams Celebrate Juneteenth
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Teams from across the NFL posted on social media to celebrate Juneteenth 2020.
Juneteenth, which takes place on June 19, marks the 135th anniversary of the emancipation of slaves in the state of Texas.
NFL teams shared in celebrating the day with messages of freedom and education.
What is Juneteenth?
On June 19, 1865, Union General Gordon Granger marched into Texas and freed the last remaining slaves in the United States. Though President Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation on January 1, 1863, the remote state of Texas failed to adopt the laws quickly.
Juneteenth is a portmanteau of June and nineteenth. The day is also known as Emancipation Day and Freedom Day.
Most states across the United State celebrate the holiday. Celebrations include parades, religious ceremonies, and festivals to commemorate the day.
The organization Juneteenth Utah is hosting a block party at Washington Park in Salt Lake City on June 19 to celebrate.
New England Patriots
New York Jets
Kansas City Chiefs
Las Vegas Raiders
Los Angeles Chargers
New York Giants
Green Bay Packers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Los Angeles Rams
- 32 Utah Jazz Free Agent Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2045)
- RSL-Live - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1757)
- 32 Utah Jazz Free Agent Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1754)
- Top 10 Utah Jazz Free Agency Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1008)
- Timpview Football Community Rallies Around Coach Stokes As Wife Battles Cancer - KSL Sports (pageviews: 985)
- Top 10 Utah Jazz Free Agency Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 666)
- Top 10 Utah Jazz Free Agency Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 618)
- 2020 BYU Football Opponent Tracker: Season-Openers Highlight Week Three - KSL Sports (pageviews: 565)
- 2020 BYU Football Opponent Tracker: Season-Openers Highlight Week Three - KSL Sports (pageviews: 562)