Utah Football On Track To Start 2020 Season On Time
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The University of Utah has unveiled their seven-phase plan to safely re-open its athletic facilities. Members of the Utah football team will slowly make their way back into the Spence and Cleone Eccles Football Center in a safe, organized, and timely manner.
During its first phase, in-state student-athletes will voluntarily be allowed to return to small group activities, starting on June 15th. One week later, out of state athletes will be welcomed back. Then, the Utah Athletic Departement will re-evaluate how the opening two phases have gone and decide if any changes are required.
The workouts are voluntary, so athletes that do not feel safe returning to the practice facilities are not required to do so. Which will be very interesting and worth keeping tabs on. Very few aspects of college football are voluntary, the word does not exist to most college football coaches.
Regardless, the return to practice facilities is a small step of many that are required to bring college football back to the field in the fall. Assuming everything goes to plan, the Utah Football team will be allowed to practice as a team towards the end of July. However, all dates are subject to change.
On the recent episode of the It’s Utah’s World podcast starring Tom Hackett and Steve Bartle, the two discussed the importance of phase one and two.
“The first few stages are paramount for college football to return. If Utah and BYU are to play at Rice Eccle’s Stadium on September 3rd as originally planned, the return to the practice facility is a monumental step in the right direction,” Hackett said.
“Although there is still a lot that is unknown, the return to the practice facility signifies that the Utah Athletic Departement is confident that there will be a college football season,” Bartle added.
Former University of Utah punter, Tom Hackett, alongside Utah insider Steve Bartle join forces to deliver the most informative, entertaining and enjoyable Utah Football related podcast. From recruiting news to inside the locker room stories, Hackett and Bartle will keep you up to date with the happenings of Utah football. A serious podcast about men strapped in protection that can occasionally turn frivolous, well, only if local Salt Lake City food destinations gets brought up. We digress, if you are a fan of Utah football, or just football in general, click subscribe and let the good times roll!
Subscribe, rate and review, here:
Tom Hackett is a Utah and Real Salt Lake Insider for KSLsports.com and host of the It’s Utah’s World Podcast (Utah Football themed) and The Lion’s Den Podcast (Real Salt Lake themed). Follow him on Twitter: @TomCantHackett.
- Local Teams Wish Fans Happy Independence Day, Happy Fourth Of July (pageviews: 10696)
- Former MLB Pitcher Tyson Brummett, Three Others Die In Utah Plane Crash (pageviews: 2045)
- Watch Jimmer Fredette Pulling Off Amazing Basketball Trick Shots - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1315)
- Ex-Ute Claims Scalley Used Racial Slur; Reacts To Reinstatement - KSL Sports (pageviews: 788)
- Watch Jimmer Fredette Pulling Off Amazing Basketball Trick Shots - KSL Sports (pageviews: 667)
- Disney Themed NBA Jerseys Feature New Spin On Jazz Purple Mountain Uniform - KSL Sports (pageviews: 592)
- BYU Football Extends Offer To Timpview QB Liu Aumavae - KSL Sports (pageviews: 554)
- Washington Redskins Announce Franchise 'Will Undergo A Thorough Review Of The Team's Name' (pageviews: 525)
- BYU Basketball Roster 2020-21 Built Off Impact Transfers - KSL Sports (pageviews: 503)