ESPN Bracketologist Puts Utah State As No. 10 Seed In Final Bracket
LOGAN, Utah – ESPN Bracketologist Joe Lunardi released his final bracket on Selection Sunday even though the NCAA Tournament will not be played due to concerns from the coronavirus also known as COVID-19.
Lunardi posted his final bracket on Twitter and put Utah State in the East Region as the No. 10 seed facing No. 7 seed West Virginia.
The winner of that game would’ve played the winner of No. 2 Florida State and No. 15 Northern Kentucky.
The NCAA announced on Sunday that they would not be revealing the bracket despite not playing the tournament.
EAST REGION pic.twitter.com/BEPuhq9rvj
— Joe Lunardi (@ESPNLunardi) March 15, 2020
Utah State was supposed to make their second straight appearance in the NCAA Tournament after winning back-to-back Mountain West Conference Tournament Championships. Sam Merrill hit the game-winning three-pointer to lift the Aggies past No. 5 San Diego State in the championship game in 2020.
Have you or a family member been affected by coronavirus issues in Utah? KSL TV wants to hear from you. Contact KSL by emailing email@example.com.
What is COVID-19? Here’s What You Need To Know To Stay Healthy
The latest coronavirus stories from KSL TV can be found here.
Your Life Your Health: How can parents prepare their home, children against coronavirus?
How Do I Prevent It?
The CDC has some simple recommendations, most of which are the same for preventing other respiratory illnesses or the flu:
- Avoid close contact with people who may be sick
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. Always wash your hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
The CDC does not recommend wearing a facemask respirator to protect yourself from coronavirus unless a healthcare professional recommends it.
Utah State Aggies Scoreboard
Utah State Aggies Team Leaders
Utah State Aggies Standings