Utah Football Agrees To Home-And-Home Series With LSU Tigers
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The University of Utah announced that they have agreed to a home-and-home series with the LSU Tigers.
The first game of the series will be played at Rice-Eccles Stadium on Saturday, September 6, 2031. The return trip to Baton Rouge, Louisiana will be played on Saturday, September 11, 2032.
LSU is coming off of winning the National Championship this past season.
“Our aspirations to continue to grow and elevate our football program make opportunities like this especially important,” said Director of Athletics Mark Harlan. “For our student-athletes it is an incredible opportunity to play a high-profile opponent in two fantastic environments. It also is incredibly attractive to our fans to host a team like LSU at Rice-Eccles Stadium and to go on the road to Baton Rouge and cheer on their Utes.”
The two schools have previously met twice in football with LSU winning both meetings. With both games played at LSU, the Tigers beat the Utes in 1974 and 1976.
Utah now has 26 non-conference games scheduled between 2020-32, including six opponents from the SEC, two from the Big 12 and seven against BYU.
The Utes will open their 2020 campaign on Thursday, September 3 at home against BYU.
The Crimson Corner podcast is the one-stop for all things University of Utah Athletics hosted by Utah insider Trevor Allen. Ute fans will find interviews with current players, coaches, and staff alongside expert analysis of every game, story and angle coming out of the University of Utah.
You can download and listen to the podcast, here.
- BYU Football Coach Kalani Sitake, Daughter Jam To Beyoncé Song - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3688)
- Utah Department Of Health Clears Jazz Players Rudy Gobert, Donovan Mitchell Of Coronavirus (pageviews: 2556)
- Bracket: Who Is The State Of Utah's Best College Basketball Player Ever? You Decide. - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2314)
- Celebrate John Stockton's Birthday With The 12 Best Moments From His Career - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1993)
- How Latter-day Saint Missionaries Returning Early Due To Coronavirus Impacts BYU Football - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1933)
- Sitake Announces New Leaders Of BYU Football Recruiting Efforts - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1423)
- Former Salt Lake Bees Star Mike Trout Narrates Touching Video On What Would Be MLB Opening Day (pageviews: 1065)
- RSL Foundation To Open Domestic Violence Shelter After Coronavirus Leads To Increased Urgency - KSL Sports (pageviews: 847)
- NBA Set To Reduce Salaries Of League's Top Executives - KSL Sports (pageviews: 505)