Actor Paul Rudd Calls Alex Smith ‘Most Underappreciated’ Player In NFL
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Actor and comedian Paul Rudd is a big Kansas City Chiefs and Alex Smith fan, he praised the former Utah quarterback during the Chiefs victory parade.
“Honestly I kept thinking about Alex Smith,” Rudd said, “Alex Smith, I believe, is the most underappreciated player in the NFL and has been for a decade.”
Rudd, a former Saturday Night Live cast member, is known for roles in movies like, “Ant-Man”, “This Is 40”, “Clueless”, and many more. He is also known as a massive Chiefs fan.
During his interview with NFL Network at the Chief’s victory parade, Rudd explained how special and emotional the Super Bowl victory was to him and reflected on his love for Smith.
“All he did was win… He handled himself with grace. He was a huge part in all of this,” said Rudd.
Smith played for the Chiefs from 2013-2017 and before that he played for the San Fransisco 49ers (whom the Chiefs defeated in Super Bowl LIV) between 2005 and 2012.
“I was just like, ah, I wish Alex was here – give him a hug,” Rudd concluded.
After his time with the Chiefs, Smith went to the Washington Redskins where he suffered a brutal injury during the 2018 season. He went down with a compound fracture in his leg. Following the break, Smith had major complications including infections which led to sepsis.
Recently, Smith opened up about his struggles with the injury and admitted he is “very much lucky to be alive and very much lucky to still have my leg.”
Smith played college football at the University of Utah where he finished fourth in the Heisman voting in 2004. He posted a 21-1 record as a college starter. Ute fans remember him fondly as the man who led them to a Fiesta Bowl victory.
- BYU Pole Vaulter Suffers Gut-Wrenching Groin Injury, Video Goes Viral On Social Media (pageviews: 8669)
- With Drew Brees Returning In 2020, What Does That Mean For Taysom Hill? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2334)
- Joe Ingles Complains On Twitter, Mitchell, Gobert Jokingly Respond - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1923)
- RSL-Live - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1013)
- BYU's Path To Top 25 Ranking Was Difficult, But Rewarding - KSL Sports (pageviews: 834)
- Documentary Chronicles Stockton And Malone's Careers, Shortcomings - KSL Sports (pageviews: 702)
- Mark Pope Continues To Amaze, May Be 'Most Interesting' Man Alive - KSL Sports (pageviews: 688)
- Eight Of BYU's 2020 Opponents Ahead Of Cougars In Early Rankings - KSL Sports (pageviews: 619)
- Gavin Baxter Is A Player To Watch For BYU Against Santa Clara's Big Frontcourt - KSL Sports (pageviews: 434)