Bogdanovic, Mitchell’s Big Fourth Quarter Lifts Jazz To Win Over Magic
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – In a game that went back-and-forth, the Utah Jazz needed a player to step up. Donovan Mitchell and Bojan Bogdanovic did that in the fourth quarter to lift the Jazz to a 109-102 win over the Orlando Magic.
Mitchell finished with 30 points with 10 points coming in the fourth quarter. He also had 3 rebounds and 4 assists, while shooting 13-23 from the field and 2-7 from downtown. Bojan Bogdanovic also had 30 points, along with 5 rebounds and 5 assists, shooting 11-22 from the field and 6-11 from beyond the arc. He scored 12 points in the fourth quarter and made two triples.
In the third quarter, the Jazz held a 17-point lead before the Magic went on a 33-8 run to take a seven point lead midway through the fourth quarter. The Jazz countered with a run of their own that had Mitchell and Bogdanovic scoring 17 of the final 19 points to carry the Jazz to victory. It started with a big slam dunk by Mitchell over Nikola Vucevic.
Rudy Gobert added 12 points, 19 rebounds and 5 assists. Joe Ingles started in place of Royce O’Neale and recorded 16 points, 12 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 blocks, while shooting 5-8 from the field and a perfect 4-4 from the three-point line.
The Jazz had Mike Conley back for the first time after missing the last five games with a hamstring injury. Early in the fourth quarter, he was ruled out for the rest of the game with the same injury. Conley had 7 points and 6 assists in 19 minutes on the floor.
For Orlando, D.J. Augustin led the way with 22 points off the bench. Evan Fournier chipped in 19 points, Markelle Fultz finished with 14 points and Vucevic had a double-double with 12 points and 11 rebounds.
The Jazz improved their record to 16-11 with their third straight win. They will start a three-game road trip on Thursday when they face the Atlanta Hawks at 5:30 p.m. on AT&T SportsNet.
- Four Candidates To Be Utah Football's Next 'Head Coach In Waiting' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1274)
- Stanford Athletics Will Cut 11 Varsity Sports Following 2020-21 Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1078)
- Four Candidates To Be Utah Football's Next 'Head Coach In Waiting' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 927)
- Report: Kansas City Chiefs Reach Agreement With QB Patrick Mahomes On 10-Year Contract Extension - KSL Sports (pageviews: 889)
- Emmanuel Mudiay Will Miss Jazz Fans In First Playoffs - KSL Sports (pageviews: 866)
- Five BYU Football Newcomers Who Could Make An Impact In 2020 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 856)
- Local Teams Wish Fans Happy Independence Day, Happy Fourth Of July (pageviews: 483)
- Karl Malone Jr. Addresses Father's Statutory Rape History - KSL Sports (pageviews: 423)
- Jimmer Fredette Becomes Free Agent After Parting Ways With Panathinaikos - KSL Sports (pageviews: 409)