Nate Orchard Emotional After Impactful Game With New Team
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Former Utah linebacker Nate Orchard helped lead the Washington Redskins to victory Sunday with an impressive defensive outing. After the win, Orchard got emotional about his journey to that moment.
The pass rusher was cut by the Miami Dolphins back in September but kept fighting to play in the league. He signed with the Redskins earlier this week.
“I might get a little emotional… my family has been through a lot so to come out and represent myself and my family means everything,” Orchard told NBC Sports after the game.
In his first game with the team Orchard posted one sack, a fumble recovery and a key tackle for loss when the Panthers were on second and goal.
“I am just grateful for the organization to give me to the opportunity to play the game that I love,” Orchard said through tears.
The Redskins beat the Panthers with a score of 29-21.
Not only is Orchard a favorite at the University of Utah, but he is a graduate of Highland High School in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- BYU's Cosmo Leads Comedian To Break Down Viral Dunk With Bill Walton Impression - KSL Sports (pageviews: 950)
- BYU Basketball Ranked In AP Top 25 For 1st Time In Nine Years - KSL Sports (pageviews: 928)
- Former Utah DT John Penisini Didn't Expect To Be In Position To Get Drafted - KSL Sports (pageviews: 726)
- BYU Defeats San Diego On Alley-Oop From Haws To Childs - KSL Sports (pageviews: 556)
- BYU Mascot Flies From Three-Point Line For Dunk During San Francisco Game (pageviews: 523)
- Projecting BYU Football's 2020 Offensive Depth Chart - KSL Sports (pageviews: 513)
- Rudy Gobert Records Double-Double In First NBA All-Star Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 382)
- RSL-Live - KSL Sports (pageviews: 348)
- 10 Memorable Moments From BYU's Cosmo - KSL Sports (pageviews: 307)