Demari Simpkins Returns Punt For Touchdown
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah Utes wide receiver and specialist Demari Simpkins returned a punt 66 yards for a touchdown.
It’s his first career punt return for a touchdown and the first one this season for the Utes in his final game at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
The score gave Utah a 31-7 lead over the Colorado Buffaloes with under one minute remaining in the third quarter.
It’s been three years since Utah returned a punt for a touchdown. The last time was in 2016 when Boobie Hobbs ran in a punt return for a score against Colorado.
The play may have been motivating for the No. 6 ranked team in the country. The previous play before the punt by Colorado, three flags were thrown. Colorado offensive linemen threw punches and were only assessed one unsportsmanlike penalty and the Utes had two players get flagged.
Utah scored 31 unanswered points in the second and third quarters after trailing Colorado 7-0 after the first period of action.
- BYU's Kalani Sitake Sternly Clarifies Cougars' Position On Potential Washington Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2904)
- Donovan Mitchell Keeps Tweeting At The Uno People - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2322)
- BYU Football Comes In At No. 14 In College Football Playoff Rankings (pageviews: 2210)
- Utah Football Game Against Arizona State Canceled Due To COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1624)
- Utah Jazz Officially Sign Former BYU Guard Jake Toolson (pageviews: 1227)
- BYU's Matt Haarms Will Be Game-Time Decision For New Orleans (pageviews: 864)
- BYU Basketball: Three Observations From Win Over Westminister (pageviews: 728)
- Derrick Favors: Utah 'Feels Like Home' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 681)
- Britain Covey Confirms Hamstring Injury In #GiveThanks Instagram Post - KSL Sports (pageviews: 652)