Merrill’s 21 Points Lifts Utah State To 5-0 Record
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State guard Sam Merrill scored 21 points for the Aggies in their 82-50 win over UT-San Antonio, improving their record to 5-0.
Merrill shot 7-of-15 from the field and 5-of-9 from downtown in 31 minutes on the floor.
It was their first game since moving up two spots to No. 15 in the latest Associated Press Top 25 Poll.
Two other Aggies reached double figures in scoring, including Diogo Brito with 17 off the bench and Brock Miller adding 10 points.
Utah State had a 41-29 at the half before outscoring UTSA 41-21 in the second half. They shot 46 percent from the field, made 9-of-31 from three for 29 percent and connected on 71 percent of their free throws.
The big difference was points in the paint as the Aggies dominated 46-16. Once the perimeter shot wasn’t going down, they started attacking the paint.
The Aggies will play their first of two games in the Jamaican Classic on Friday at 5 p.m. They will take on the LSU Tigers, who just dropped the AP poll on Monday. The game will be televised on CBS Sports Network. Then they will play North Texas on Sunday at 4:30 p.m.
- Four Candidates To Be Utah Football's Next 'Head Coach In Waiting' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1274)
- Stanford Athletics Will Cut 11 Varsity Sports Following 2020-21 Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1078)
- Four Candidates To Be Utah Football's Next 'Head Coach In Waiting' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 927)
- Report: Kansas City Chiefs Reach Agreement With QB Patrick Mahomes On 10-Year Contract Extension - KSL Sports (pageviews: 889)
- Emmanuel Mudiay Will Miss Jazz Fans In First Playoffs - KSL Sports (pageviews: 866)
- Five BYU Football Newcomers Who Could Make An Impact In 2020 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 856)
- Local Teams Wish Fans Happy Independence Day, Happy Fourth Of July (pageviews: 483)
- Karl Malone Jr. Addresses Father's Statutory Rape History - KSL Sports (pageviews: 423)
- Jimmer Fredette Becomes Free Agent After Parting Ways With Panathinaikos - KSL Sports (pageviews: 409)