Daniel Sorensen Picks Off Phillip Rivers To Seal Win For Chiefs
MEXICO CITY, Mexico – Former BYU and current Kansas City Chiefs safety Daniel Sorensen intercepted Los Angeles Chargers quarterback Phillip Rivers in the end zone to seal the win.
With 18 seconds left in the game and the Chargers on the Chiefs 15-yard line, Kansas City was holding a 24-17 lead, Rivers threw a pass to the end zone to running back Austin Ekeler when Sorensen was able to get in front of the receiver and catch the ball.
The game was played in Mexico City on Monday Night Football.
Rivers threw his fourth interception of the game at the very end. Sorensen finished with 8 tackles, including 6 solo tackles and pass deflection along with the interception.
It was his first interception of the season and the sixth of his career. Last season, he had one pick that was returned 54 yards for a touchdown.
The Chiefs improved their record to 7-4 on the season and will have a bye next week.
- Four Candidates To Be Utah Football's Next 'Head Coach In Waiting' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1274)
- Stanford Athletics Will Cut 11 Varsity Sports Following 2020-21 Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1078)
- Four Candidates To Be Utah Football's Next 'Head Coach In Waiting' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 927)
- Report: Kansas City Chiefs Reach Agreement With QB Patrick Mahomes On 10-Year Contract Extension - KSL Sports (pageviews: 889)
- Emmanuel Mudiay Will Miss Jazz Fans In First Playoffs - KSL Sports (pageviews: 866)
- Five BYU Football Newcomers Who Could Make An Impact In 2020 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 856)
- Local Teams Wish Fans Happy Independence Day, Happy Fourth Of July (pageviews: 483)
- Karl Malone Jr. Addresses Father's Statutory Rape History - KSL Sports (pageviews: 423)
- Jimmer Fredette Becomes Free Agent After Parting Ways With Panathinaikos - KSL Sports (pageviews: 409)