Mika Tafua Returns Fumble For 68-Yard TD
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah Utes defensive end Mika Tafua recovered a fumble and returned it 68-yards for a touchdown.
Utes safety Julian Blackmon sacked UCLA quarterback Dorian Thompson-Robinson and knocked the ball out while doing so.
Tafua ran over to the ball and scooped it up and had nothing but green grass in front of him.
It’s the fourth fumble recovery of the season for Tafua, which leads the team. He scored his first defensive touchdown of his career.
Blackmon forced his second fumble of the season.
The touchdown gave Utah a 21-3 lead in the second quarter. Utah was down 3-0 in the first quarter but then picked up a rushing touchdown by Tyler Huntley and Zack Moss before Tafua’s scoop and score.
Utah took a 28-3 lead at the half when Moss ran in his second touchdown of the game late in the second quarter.
The Utes’ defense held UCLA to 185 total yards of offense, 123 passing and 62 rushing.
- MLB, MiLB Announce Official Cancellation Of 2020 Season (pageviews: 3687)
- Former Utah State Mascot Fighting On Frontlines Of Pandemic - KSL Sports (pageviews: 843)
- Lehi High TE Trey Andersen Flips Commitment From BYU To Pitt - KSL Sports (pageviews: 804)
- Lehi High TE Trey Andersen Flips Commitment From BYU To Pitt - KSL Sports (pageviews: 749)
- Utah Royals FC, Houston Dash Kneel During National Anthem - KSL Sports (pageviews: 730)
- BYU Football Defensive Line Training With Former Cougar Great To Improve Pass Rush - KSL Sports (pageviews: 690)
- BYU Basketball Signee Caleb Lohner Cuts Locks, Shows Off New Haircut - KSL Sports (pageviews: 554)
- Report: Former Utah Jazz All-Star Deron Williams Receives Final Paycheck From Brooklyn Nets (pageviews: 508)
- Fans Will Appear On Video Boards Around Court In Orlando During NBA Restart Games - KSL Sports (pageviews: 393)