Huntley Completes Beautiful Deep Pass To Thompson For 82-Yard Score
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah senior quarterback Tyler Huntley threw a deep pass down the middle of the field and hit wide receiver Bryan Thompson for an 82-yard touchdown.
The pass came late in the first quarter on just the second play of the drive and gave Utah a 17-0 lead.
It’s the 10th longest pass completion in school history.
After missing most of last season due to injury, Thompson has already made a major impact in the passing game. He led the team with 66 receiving yards on just two catches last week in their 35-17 win over Northern Illinois.
That performance was his only catches this season before the Idaho State game, as he was not targeted during the win over BYU in the season opener.
Huntley and the Utah offense has been extremely efficient as they are currently the only FBS program (out of 130 schools) to have not committed a turnover or allowed a sack.
Thompson is a 6’2, 205-pound sophomore from Moreno Valley, California. It’s his first touchdown reception of his career at Utah.
- BYU's Cosmo Leads Comedian To Break Down Viral Dunk With Bill Walton Impression - KSL Sports (pageviews: 950)
- BYU Basketball Ranked In AP Top 25 For 1st Time In Nine Years - KSL Sports (pageviews: 928)
- Former Utah DT John Penisini Didn't Expect To Be In Position To Get Drafted - KSL Sports (pageviews: 726)
- BYU Defeats San Diego On Alley-Oop From Haws To Childs - KSL Sports (pageviews: 556)
- BYU Mascot Flies From Three-Point Line For Dunk During San Francisco Game (pageviews: 523)
- Projecting BYU Football's 2020 Offensive Depth Chart - KSL Sports (pageviews: 513)
- Rudy Gobert Records Double-Double In First NBA All-Star Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 382)
- RSL-Live - KSL Sports (pageviews: 348)
- 10 Memorable Moments From BYU's Cosmo - KSL Sports (pageviews: 307)