Madden Upgrades Former Ute Punter’s Tackle Rating After Burying Returner
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Former Ute kicker Mitch Wishnowsky is getting an improved Madden NFL 20 Rating after drilling Denver Broncos Kick Returner Devontae Jackson with violent hit Monday night.
Our Utah Football Insider and former Utah punter, Tom Hackett described the Wishnowsky tackle as “technically sound” and that he “wrapped him up” and “just buried him.”
With 5:17 left in the 3rd quarter of Monday Night Football’s NFL preseason game the former Ute turned pro started the play by kicking off the football, immediately running downfield, and turning himself into a projectile (and wannabe linebacker) as he laid out Jackson, a rookie returner for the Mile High Broncos.
Hackett talked to Wishnowsky on Tuesday morning. The 49ers specialist revealed that he always wanted to give a returner a smackdown like that in college ball but was never able to get a tackle like the one he provided Monday.
Wishnowsky Garners Newfound Social Fame
Wishnowsky’s big boom caused a stir on social media last evening and into today. His personal Instagram account gained over 3,000 followers overnight and continues to climb today putting him at 13k+ followers.
Former Indianapolis Colts specialist Pat McAfee, who Hackett said is the most famous modern-day punter, gave his commentary of the play and showed Wishnowsky some love.
Mitch Wishnowsky’s Madden Rating Is Getting An Upgrade
The Niners Twitter account tagged EA’s Madden NFL 20 account stating that “Big Hit Mitch’s” tackle rating might need some adjustment after laying the lumber against Jackson.
After the exhibition was over Wishnowsky chimed in with agreement.
Madden rang back letting the team know it was being considered.
After some overnight evaluation and the overwhelming social response, Madden posted some good news for Wishnowsky’s video game persona Tuesday afternoon.
Utah fans, go grab your video game controllers, hit that joystick, and let us know what you think of Wishnowsky’s new rating by tagging us on Twitter @kslsports.
Wishnowsky is a rookie on the Bay Area team and was selected by the red and gold back in April’s NFL Draft with 110th pick in the 4th round.
Before the NFL, Wishnowsky was a three-time All American punter for the University of Utah. He was honored with the 2016 Ray Guy Award which recognizes college football’s best punter. He was the only player in college football history to be a Ray Guy finalist three times in his career.
- With No Games Against Big 12 Teams, Where Does BYU Go From Here? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2350)
- Bingham Football Game Against Weber Canceled After Miner Players Test Positive For COVID-19 (pageviews: 1546)
- BYU Announces Football Series Against Troy Trojans - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1502)
- With No Games Against Big 12 Teams, Where Does BYU Go From Here? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1464)
- While Other Programs Shut Down, BYU Continues On With 'Lively And Enjoyable' Camp - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1122)
- Dixie State Football Team Pulls Woman To Safety After Her Hair Gets Caught In Rappelling Rope - KSL Sports (pageviews: 586)
- Heralded BYU Newcomer Kody Epps Already Standing Out During Camp - KSL Sports (pageviews: 584)
- College Football Conferences, Teams Still Planning To Play Fall Football - KSL Sports (pageviews: 522)
- While Other Programs Shut Down, BYU Continues On With 'Lively And Enjoyable' Camp - KSL Sports (pageviews: 460)