Former Ute Sedrick Barefield To Play For OKC In Summer League
OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. – Former Utah basketball star Sedrick Barefield will be suiting up for the Oklahoma City Thunder in the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July.
Barefield went undrafted in Thursday’s draft and will have an opportunity to audition for an NBA roster or two-way contract with the Thunder in Vegas.
A 2018-19 All-Pac-12 First Team selection, Barefield wrapped up his career as a Ute by averaging 16.8 points per game and shooting 40.8 percent from the field and 38.7 percent on 3-pointers.
The Thunder had another major Beehive State connection in their offseason as they acquired the 23rd overall pick from Memphis, a selection that originally belonged to Utah, to select New Balanace sneaker intern and former high school star Darius Bazley.
Sedrick and Oklahoma City will play the Jazz in their first summer league in Vegas on July 6 at 3 p.m. at the Cox Pavilion. The game will televised on NBATV.
- BYU Head Coach Pays For Students' Dinner After Taking Down Zags - KSL Sports (pageviews: 15138)
- Student Buries Half-Court Shot For $8K During Timeout Of Gonzaga/BYU Game (pageviews: 4897)
- BYU Head Coach Pays For Students' Dinner After Taking Down Zags - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3796)
- BYU Hosted Talented JUCO Recruit During Upset Win Against Zags - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2412)
- Jimmer Fredette Made BYU Fans Go Crazy Before Gonzaga Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2370)
- Whittingham Dismisses WR Perriman From Utah Football Following Additional Charges (pageviews: 2170)
- BYU Moves Into Top 15 Of NET Rankings After Win Over Gonzaga (pageviews: 1640)
- Dave Rose: This BYU Basketball Team Has More Offensive Weapons Than Sweet 16 Squad - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1585)
- Led By Yoeli Childs, No. 23 BYU Upsets No. 2 Gonzaga On Senior Night (pageviews: 1347)