Kuzma, Lillard Likely To Receive USA Training Camp Invite
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The United States basketball team is gearing up for training camp in August with media reports of which NBA players will receive invites to the camp to try to make the roster for the 2019 FIBA World Cup in China.
Reports from the New York Times indicated that Utah Jazz guard Donovan Mitchell will play for Team USA along with James Harden, Anthony Davis and Kemba Walker.
Now, ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski is reporting that former Ute Kyle Kuzma and former Weber State Wildcat Damian Lillard will receive invites to training camp.
Kuzma finished his second NBA season with the Los Angeles Lakers and averaged 18.7 points and 5.5 rebounds per game, while shooting 45 percent from the field and 30 percent from downtown.
Lillard wrapped up his seventh season in the league, all with the Portland Trail Blazers. He recorded 25.8 points, 4.6 rebounds and 6.9 assists per game. The Blazers were swept in the Conference Finals by the Golden State Warriors in the NBA Playoffs.
Washington Wizards guard Bradley Beal, Houston Rockets guard Eric Gordon, Brook Lopez from the Milwaukee Bucks, Cleveland Cavaliers forward Kevin Love, Lillard’s backcourt teammate C.J. McCollum and Boston Celtics forward Jayson Tatum are all reported to receive invites to training camp with Lillard and Kuzma.
- AP Voter Admits He Forgot To Rank BYU Basketball In Top 25 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 9126)
- Viral BYU Pole Vaulter Speaks On Accident: 'It Was A Quick Burst Of Pain' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1607)
- Andy Reid To Speak At BYU Football Coaching Clinic During Spring Ball - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1050)
- BYU Head Coach Pays For Students' Dinner After Taking Down Zags - KSL Sports (pageviews: 922)
- Is It Too Late To Fix The Utah Jazz? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 805)
- Former Jazz All-Star Deron Williams Attends Phoenix Suns/Utah Jazz Game (pageviews: 804)
- BYU Basketball To Play In Bahamas As Part Of 2020 Junkanoo Jam - KSL Sports (pageviews: 798)
- 10 Questions Heading Into BYU Football Spring Practice (pageviews: 743)
- Celtics' Gordon Hayward Returns To SLC For Second Time Since Leaving Utah Jazz (pageviews: 455)