Utah 2B Oliver Dunn Selected In 11th Round By Yankees
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The 40-round Major League Baseball Drafted continued on Wednesday and the second local player has been drafted. Utah Utes second baseman Oliver Dunn was taken in the 11th round by the New York Yankees.
Dunn finished his junior season with the Utes after a fantastic career at Cottonwood High School.
He was named third team All-American by Collegiate Baseball after posting 71 hits, 28 RBI’s, 22 doubles, 4 triples and 3 home runs. The Salt Lake City native recorded a .366 batting average.
His fielding percentage was very good as well with a .972.
During his freshman season in 2017, Dunn played in all 51 games and recorded 30 runs, 19 RBI’s and a .250 batting average. He elevated those statistics to 66 hits, 31 RBI’s, 9 doubles, 4 triples, 4 home runs and a .319 batting average, while playing and starting all 55 games at second base during his sophomore campaign in 2018.
He becomes the second player in the state of Utah to be drafted. BYU shortstop Jackson Cluff was taken in the sixth round by the Washington Nationals.
- BYU's Cosmo Leads Comedian To Break Down Viral Dunk With Bill Walton Impression - KSL Sports (pageviews: 950)
- BYU Basketball Ranked In AP Top 25 For 1st Time In Nine Years - KSL Sports (pageviews: 928)
- Former Utah DT John Penisini Didn't Expect To Be In Position To Get Drafted - KSL Sports (pageviews: 726)
- BYU Defeats San Diego On Alley-Oop From Haws To Childs - KSL Sports (pageviews: 556)
- BYU Mascot Flies From Three-Point Line For Dunk During San Francisco Game (pageviews: 523)
- Projecting BYU Football's 2020 Offensive Depth Chart - KSL Sports (pageviews: 513)
- Rudy Gobert Records Double-Double In First NBA All-Star Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 382)
- RSL-Live - KSL Sports (pageviews: 348)
- 10 Memorable Moments From BYU's Cosmo - KSL Sports (pageviews: 307)