USU’s Neemias Queta ‘Looked Pretty Good’ In Workout For Jazz
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah State center Neemias Queta was brought in for a pre-draft workout with the Utah Jazz and did reasonably well, according to Jazz vice president of player personnel Walt Perrin.
While he didn’t give Queta a sterling review, Perrin said that the Aggie center “looked pretty good,” following Saturday’s workout session.
“He’s still, he’s still a young kid, so he’s still got some things he’s got to work on,” said Perrin, who has been evaluating basketball prospects for the Jazz since 2008.
While the Aggie big man made his name known last season for his stellar work on defense, for which he earned Mountain West Conference Defensive Player of the Year honors, Perrin was impressed with his soft touch while shooting the ball.
“He’s not strictly a back to the basket player,” said Perrin. “So that will help him, hopefully with Utah State and in this future.”
In April, Queta announced his decision to pursue an NBA evaluation while leaving open the possibility of returning to Utah State. He had just finished his freshman year at Utah State, where he was a vital member of the Aggies’ NCAA Tournament berth team.
According to NBA Draft rules, underclassmen may hire an agent to assist with the pre-draft process up until June 10, when they must either enter or withdraw officially from the draft.
Queta has also been invited to participate in the NBA Draft Combine next week in Chicago.
When asked whether or not he would advise Queta to return to school or not, Perrin stated that the decision is not his to make and that the Jazz don’t advise underclassmen what to do with regards to their basketball future.
“We tell them what we think, in terms of what they need to work on and how they may translate to the NBA and what they can do if they go back to college and then take their decision,” said Perrin.
Due to team and NBA policy, Queta was not available to speak to the media after his workout.
The NBA Draft will take place on June 20.
- Utah DC Morgan Scalley Suspended For Using Racial Slur In 2013 Text Message - KSL Sports (pageviews: 8906)
- Utah DC Morgan Scalley Suspended For Using Racial Slur In 2013 Text Message - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3167)
- Life As BYU's Cosmo: What It Takes To Become A National Champion Mascot - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2137)
- Report: Former BYU Offensive Lineman Mango Finau Enters Transfer Portal - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1657)
- NBA Sets Plan For Return - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1544)
- Players React After Utah DC Morgan Scalley Gets Suspended For Racial Slur Used In 2013 Text (pageviews: 1143)
- Players React After Utah DC Morgan Scalley Gets Suspended For Racial Slur Used In 2013 Text (pageviews: 1116)
- Karl Malone Jr. Addresses Father's Statutory Rape History - KSL Sports (pageviews: 918)
- Report: Former BYU Offensive Lineman Mango Finau Enters Transfer Portal - KSL Sports (pageviews: 831)