Jazz Set For Big Run Before Playoffs
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – After a 33-point win over the Phoenix Suns, the Utah Jazz look to be in good shape for the final stretch of the regular season.
With eight games to go before the playoffs, the Jazz currently sit in fifth place in the Western Conference playoff race. Of their remaining games, only two are against teams that are likely going to the playoffs.
On a recent episode of the Jazz Notes podcast, KSL Sports’ Cleon Wall gave this hot take: the Jazz will win out the rest of their games and enter the playoffs on a 10-game winning streak.
Doing so will give the Jazz a final record of 52-30, their best record of the Quin Snyder era.
The pieces are there for the Jazz to make such a run before the playoffs. They face the Los Angeles Lakers twice, beginning on Wednesday and then face other lottery-bound teams in the Wizards, Hornets, Suns and Kings.
The Jazz should be able to handle these lesser teams. After that, they have a couple of big challenges to finish off the year. They’ll take on the Denver Nuggets at home on April 9 and then turn around to face the LA Clippers on the road the next day.
While the last two games will be significantly tougher than the previous six, they’re definitely winnable games.
The Jazz are 2-1 against the Nuggets this season and 2-0 against the Clippers.
Utah will next host the Lakers on Wednesday at 8:30 p.m. The Lakers, who are out of playoff contention, have stated that they will restrict superstar LeBron James’ minutes and may keep him out of playing on the second game of back-to-backs. If they do so, he may not play on Wednesday, but no announcement has been made at this time.
Subscribe to the Jazz Notes podcast or listen to episodes on KSLSports.com
- Kearns High Football Ends Season Early Due To COVID-19, Forfeits Playoff Game (pageviews: 992)
- Hello Heisman? Desmond Howard Would Put Stock Into BYU's Zach Wilson - KSL Sports (pageviews: 981)
- BYU Football Midseason Report Card: Grading The Cougars Defense - KSL Sports (pageviews: 980)
- Five Takeaways From BYU Football Depth Chart Heading Into Texas State Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 593)
- Five Takeaways From BYU Football Depth Chart Heading Into Texas State Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 513)
- BYU Football Midseason Report Card: Grading The Cougars Defense - KSL Sports (pageviews: 493)
- Tony Finau Announces PGA Tour Return After Bout With COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 344)
- BYU Football Midseason Report Card: Grading The Cougars Offense - KSL Sports (pageviews: 330)
- Hello Heisman? Desmond Howard Would Put Stock Into BYU's Zach Wilson - KSL Sports (pageviews: 322)