Jakob Poeltl Having Career Stretch With Spurs
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Former Utah big man Jakob Poeltl is getting more minutes as the season has gone and he is showing that he deserves it. He scored a career-high 20 points in Salt Lake City against the Jazz.
Damian Lillard set a Blazers franchise record with 10 three-pointers made while dropping 41 points.
Here’s how the locals did in their seventh week of the NBA season from November 28 to December 4:
Kyle Kuzma – Los Angeles Lakers (14-9)
Kuzma had three very good games for the Lakers as they won all three games during week seven. He had 11 points and nine rebounds against the Pacers, 15 points, 12 rebounds and 6 assists against Dallas and 23 points and 8 rebounds in their win over the Phoenix Suns. Kuzma played 29 minutes or more in all three games.
NEXT UP: The Lakers have four games during week eight as they will host San Antonio and then travel to the Spurs in back-to-back games. They will then go to Memphis before returning home to face Miami.
— Los Angeles Lakers (@Lakers) December 2, 2018
Jakob Poeltl – San Antonio Spurs (11-13)
The former Ute had 14 points and 8 rebounds in their loss to Minnesota, a 4-point performance against Houston and just 6 points against Portland. His best game was back in the city where he played college basketball, Salt Lake City. Poeltl had a career high 20 points to go with 7 rebounds in just 19 minutes of action. He shot 9-for-11 from the field.
NEXT UP: The Spurs will play four games during week eight as they travel to the Lakers before hosting them in back-to-back games, then they will host the Utah Jazz and the Phoenix Suns.
All about patience 👏 pic.twitter.com/HVewF38h0N
— San Antonio Spurs (@spurs) December 5, 2018
Delon Wright – Toronto Raptors (20-5)
Wright played just 12 minutes in their three-point win over the Warriors but scored eight points including two three-pointers. He scored just two points in the Raptors win over the Cavaliers and dropped 9 points and 3 rebounds in their loss to the Nuggets.
NEXT UP: Toronto’s four games in week eight will begin at home against Philadelphia before playing Brooklyn on the road, then back home against Milwaukee before finishing at home versus the Clippers.
Damian Lillard – Portland Trail Blazers (13-11)
Lillard had a fantastic week for the Trail Blazers but the team went just 1-3. He started with a 41 point performance including a franchise record 10 made three-pointers. He struggled against the Nuggets with just 15 points and 8 assists but bounced back with 37 points and 10 assists against the Spurs and 33 points, 8 rebounds and 8 assists in their loss to the Mavericks.
NEXT UP: Portland will be at home against Phoenix and Minnesota before traveling to Houston to end week eight.
NEW FRANCHISE RECORD! pic.twitter.com/J26IzorqfZ
— Trail Blazers (@trailblazers) November 29, 2018
- Utah DC Morgan Scalley Suspended For Using Racial Slur In 2013 Text Message - KSL Sports (pageviews: 8906)
- Utah DC Morgan Scalley Suspended For Using Racial Slur In 2013 Text Message - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3167)
- Life As BYU's Cosmo: What It Takes To Become A National Champion Mascot - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2137)
- Report: Former BYU Offensive Lineman Mango Finau Enters Transfer Portal - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1657)
- NBA Sets Plan For Return - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1544)
- Players React After Utah DC Morgan Scalley Gets Suspended For Racial Slur Used In 2013 Text (pageviews: 1143)
- Players React After Utah DC Morgan Scalley Gets Suspended For Racial Slur Used In 2013 Text (pageviews: 1116)
- Karl Malone Jr. Addresses Father's Statutory Rape History - KSL Sports (pageviews: 918)
- Report: Former BYU Offensive Lineman Mango Finau Enters Transfer Portal - KSL Sports (pageviews: 831)