Colin Kaepernick New Face Of Nike Campaign
Nike created quite the buzz earlier this week when it was announced that NFL free agent Colin Kaepernick would be the face of the footwear giant’s 30th anniversary of the company’s “Just Do It” slogan ad campaign.
— Colin Kaepernick (@Kaepernick7) September 3, 2018
Kaepernick, who has made major headlines for his on-field kneeling during the national anthem, is also suing the league’s owners for colluding to keep him off an NFL roster.
As one could imagine, Nike’s decision to feature Kaepernick on its campaign created a social media firestorm. Some voiced their support for the campaign and for the former 49ers quarterback.
— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) September 5, 2018
Others were outraged and even cut the famous Nike swoosh logo out of their clothing and shoes.
— John Rich (@johnrich) September 3, 2018
On Wednesday Nike unveiled their first commercial spot featuring a voiceover by Kaepernick.
— Nike (@Nike) September 5, 2018
Some local athletes, including Real Salt Lake goalkeeper Nick Rimando, voiced their support for the campaign and for the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback.
— Nick Rimando (@NickRimando) September 5, 2018
Jazz center Rudy Gobert offered a solution to those who were destroying their Nike products.
How about giving them to the thousands of homeless veterans you pretend to care about? https://t.co/6m2jj6FBZf
— Rudy Gobert (@rudygobert27) September 5, 2018
Jazz fan Clint Peterson did just what Gobert suggested, earning a retweet from the Defensive Player of the Year.
— Clint Peterson (@Clintonite33) September 4, 2018
This is only the beginning for Nike’s partnership with Kaepernick. Conflicting reports suggest that Kaepernick-endorsed apparel and shoes could be on their way.
- Who Is Ryan Smith? Besides The New Owner Of The Utah Jazz (pageviews: 6616)
- Kirk Herbstreit Can't Wait To See Where CFB Playoff Committee Ranks BYU - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4602)
- Miller Family Selling Majority Control Of Utah Jazz To Qualtrics CEO Ryan Smith - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2421)
- Ryan Smith Intends To Keep Jazz In Utah After Buying Team - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2317)
- What Does Utah Jazz New Owner Ryan Smith Bring To The Team? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1984)
- Jazz Players React To Team Being Sold To Ryan Smith - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1890)
- Miller Family Selling Majority Control of Utah Jazz To Qualtrics CEO Ryan Smith - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1701)
- Miller Family Selling Majority Control of Utah Jazz To Qualtrics CEO Ryan Miller - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1674)
- Five Takeaways From BYU Football Depth Chart Heading Into WKU Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1495)
- Kearns High Football Drops Out Of Playoffs Due To COVID-19 Spread - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1355)