NBPA Foundation Announces All-Star Donations To Utah Organizations
SALT LAKE CITY – The National Basketball Players Association Foundation announced multiple donations to support Utah organizations in honor of Salt Lake City hosting the 2023 NBA All-Star Weekend.
The NBPA Foundation announced the charitable efforts on Monday, February 13.
Utah will host NBA All-Star Weekend from February 17-19.
The foundation shared that a “series of grants totaling $50,000 to support several Utah-based organizations in recognition of the city” hosting the All-Star festivities.
RELATED: The Full History Of Utah Jazz Players In All-Star Game
“All-Star Weekend is a great opportunity for the NBPA Foundation to establish roots in the host city and support local organizations that are committed to causes that align with our players’ philanthropic passions,” Stephanie-Rawlings Blake, executive director of the NBPA Foundation said in a statement. “I am thrilled that we are able to provide these grants to support these select organizations and their very important work around creating increased access to mental health care.”
In honor of the 2023 NBA All-Star Weekend, the NBPA Foundation will provide grants totaling $50K to support several Utah-based organizations focused on reducing barriers to entry associated with mental health care.
Learn more: https://t.co/iWx9utj4eM pic.twitter.com/y51p0wwcHT
— NBPA (@TheNBPA) February 13, 2023
The grants will help the following Utah organizations:
- Black Physicians of Utah
- “This grant will help the Black Physicians of Utah launch a mental health alliance for Black men in Utah and provide subsidized behavioral health services.”
- Latino Behavioral Health Services
- “This grant will help Latino Behavioral Services provide scholarships and stipends for behavioral health services for black, indigenous, and people of color, as well as undocumented individuals.”
- Park City Community Foundation’s Mental Wellness Alliance
- “This grant will help provide scholarships and stipends for behavioral health services for black, indigenous, and people of color, as well as undocumented individuals.”
The NBPA Foundation was created in 1997. It is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to “preserving the legacy of its members,” as well as “providing support and assistance” to other organizations, people, and communities.
For more information on the 2023 NBA All-Star Weekend in Utah, check out our complete guide on the series of events taking place in Salt Lake City.
Utah Jazz Scoreboard
Utah Jazz Team Leaders
Utah Jazz Standings