Keanu Hill Grabs Three First Half Touchdown Catches For BYU Football
PROVO, Utah – The BYU football offense scored 28 points in the second quarter to take a 28-20 lead against Utah Tech at halftime.
Keanu Hill caught three touchdown passes in the quarter from Jaren Hall.
That tied the number of touchdown catches Hill had during his first two seasons as a BYU Cougar.
3rd TD reception of the day for Keanu Hill (4 yards) sets a new career high. #BYUFootball
— BYU Game Notes (@BYUGameNotes) November 19, 2022
Two of his touchdown passes were greater than 30 yards.
The first touchdown pass was a phenomenal play who made a contested catch in the end zone.
His second touchdown grab of the half was another deep ball from 45 yards out.
It was another outstanding catch from Hill.
Great catch by Keanu Hill for the first #BYU TD of the game.
He fought through tight coverage to make the play.
His 5th TD grab of the season. #BYUFootball
— Matthew Baiamonte (@baiamontematt) November 19, 2022
Hill now has seven touchdown receptions this season, which leads all BYU receivers.
The third touchdown grab of the quarter was right before halftime.
He ran and out route at the goal line and Hall delivered an accurate pass resulting in the score.
The BYU offense finished the half with 336 yards of offense along with the four passing touchdowns from Hall.
BYU Football vs Utah Tech Notes
- First-ever meeting between the two universities
- Both teams will face off again in 2026
- Two BYU football staffers (Justin Anderson & Patrick Hickman) and one Utah Tech assistant (Shane Hunter) will wear blue and orange Virginia gear to honor the UVA shooting victims. All three men worked for the Virginia Cavaliers football program under Bronco Mendenhall.
- Utah Tech has a lot of connections to BYU football. Head coach Paul Peterson was a graduate assistant for BYU in 2006 and is the younger brother to former BYU QB Charlie Peterson.
- Utah Tech plays in the Western Athletic Conference (WAC). Despite not playing in that league since 1998, BYU still holds the record for most league championships (19).
BYU Cougars Scoreboard
BYU Cougars Team Leaders
BYU Cougars Standings