Utah Tech Football Team Pops Off Huge Passing Touchdown Against BYU
PROVO, Utah – The Utah Tech football team took the lead in the second quarter against the BYU Cougars thanks to an 80-yard touchdown reception by wide receiver Deven Osborne.
BYU took the lead following a Jaren Hall touchdown pass to Keanu Hill making it 7-6.
Utah Tech responded nicely with an explosive scoring play.
On third-and-10, the BYU defense brought the heat with a blitz that didn’t get home.
Whoa. 80-yard TD pass from Utah Tech on 3rd & 10. Brutal.
— Mitch Harper (@Mitch_Harper) November 19, 2022
Trailblazer quarterback Victor Galabis stood tall in the pocket and delivered a gorgeous pass down the sideline that hit Osborne in stride.
Osborne blew by Gabe Juedy-Lally who had coverage on the outside for the Cougars.
The scoring play gave Utah Tech a 13-7 lead early in the second quarter.
Utah Tech is giving the BYU Cougars all they can handle in their first ever meeting between the schools.
The BYU Cougars need to win one more game to become bowl eligible.
Their last game of the 2022 season is next week against the Stanford Cardinal.
BYU vs Utah Tech Football Notes
- First-ever meeting between the two universities
- Both teams will face off again in 2026
- Two BYU football staffers (Justin Anderson & Patrick Hickman) and one Utah Tech assistant (Shane Hunter) will wear blue and orange Virginia gear to honor the UVa shooting victims. All three men worked for the Virginia football program under Bronco Mendenhall.
- Utah Tech has a lot of connections to BYU football. Head coach Paul Peterson was a graduate assistant for BYU in 2006 and is the younger brother to former BYU QB Charlie Peterson.
- Utah Tech plays in the Western Athletic Conference (WAC). Despite not playing in that league since 1998, BYU still holds the record for most league championships (19).
BYU Cougars Scoreboard
BYU Cougars Team Leaders
BYU Cougars Standings