Super Bowl Winning Coach Andy Reid Attends BYU-ECU Game
PROVO, Utah – BYU had some special guests in town for a Friday night clash, including a Super Bowl winning head coach. Andy Reid, current Kansas City Chiefs head coach, attended BYU’s game against ECU.
Welcome Home Andy! pic.twitter.com/vJSVF3khZA
— BYU FOOTBALL (@BYUfootball) October 29, 2022
Andy Reid Attends BYU vs ECU
Coach Andy Reid, who spend time at BYU under legendary head coach LaVell Edwards, has returned to Provo from time to time including under Kalani Sitake. Reid was seen on the sidelines during BYU’s game against East Carolina on Friday night. Reid’s Chiefs have their bye week and it looks like the former Cougar chose to spend some time with the team.
Andy Reid was with BYU from 1978-1980 and served as a graduate assistant on LaVell Edwards staff in 1982. Reid won a Super Bowl with the Kansas City Chiefs in 2020, the Chiefs currently lead their division in the NFL.
— KSL Sports (@kslsports) October 29, 2022
- The all-time series between the two teams is 1-1. BYU’s victory was in 2015, with Tanner Mangum at quarterback.
- Weather forecast calls for a low of 30 degrees this evening. The sunset will take place at 6:28 p.m. (MT).
- BYU is 8-3 overall in Friday night games in the Kalani Sitake era (since 2016).
- BYU will be without their leading running back Chris Brooks and leading receiver Kody Epps due to injury.
- East Carolina is led by coach Mike Houston. Houston graduated from an out-of-this-world name for a college, Mars Hill University (’94), which is located in North Carolina.
- Last week, ECU defeated a future Big 12 program in UCF. They will look for their second consecutive win over a Big 12 team tonight in BYU.
- TV announcers for tonight’s game include former 1989 Heisman Trophy winner Andre Ware as the analyst. Ware has been known to give high praise to BYU in the past. Back in 2009, he predicted BYU to defeat Oklahoma. Then from 2018-20, Ware was the leader of the Zach Wilson fan club when he was the QB at BYU.
- East Carolina is 7th nationally in third down conversion percentage at 52.5%. BYU’s defense is 128th in, stopping their opponents on third down.
BYU Cougars Scoreboard
BYU Cougars Team Leaders
BYU Cougars Standings