Puka Nacua Scores First BYU Passing Touchdown Against East Carolina
Oct 28, 2022, 7:26 PM
(Courtesy of BYU Photo)
PROVO, Utah – The BYU football team scored their second touchdown of the game thanks to a 30-yard pitch and catch from Jaren Hall to Puka Nacua.
Jaren Hall converted two third and long plays on the drive to help the Cougars move the ball 79 yards for the score.
— Mitch Harper (@Mitch_Harper) October 29, 2022
East Carolina tied the game up at 10 on their previous drive, but the BYU defense was able to hold the Pirates to only three points after having first and goal at the five-yard line.
Puka Nacua caught two passes on the drive to complement multiple long runs by Jaren Hall.
Hall delivered a beautiful pass to Nacua who was open by several yards on the scoring play.
BYU’s game against Liberty is being broadcast on ESPN2 and KSL NewsRadio.
BYU Football Notes Versus ECU
- The all-time series between the two teams is 1-1. BYU’s victory was in 2015, with Tanner Mangum at quarterback.
- Weather forecast calls for a low of 30 degrees this evening. The sunset will take place at 6:28 p.m. (MT).
- BYU is 8-3 overall in Friday night games in the Kalani Sitake era (since 2016).
- BYU will be without their leading running back Chris Brooks and leading receiver Kody Epps due to injury.
- East Carolina is led by coach Mike Houston. Houston graduated from an out-of-this-world name for a college, Mars Hill University (’94), which is located in North Carolina.
- Last week, ECU defeated a future Big 12 program in UCF. They will look for their second consecutive win over a Big 12 team tonight in BYU.
- TV announcers for tonight’s game include former 1989 Heisman Trophy winner Andre Ware as the analyst. Ware has been known to give high praise to BYU in the past. Back in 2009, he predicted BYU to defeat Oklahoma. Then from 2018-20, Ware was the leader of the Zach Wilson fan club when he was the QB at BYU.
- East Carolina is 7th nationally in third down conversion percentage at 52.5%. BYU’s defense is 128th in, stopping their opponents on third down.
BYU Cougars Scoreboard
BYU Cougars Team Leaders
BYU Cougars Standings