BYU Strikes First Against Arkansas On Jaren Hall-Isaac Rex TD
Oct 15, 2022, 2:15 PM | Updated: 2:32 pm
(Courtesy of BYU Photo)
PROVO, Utah – BYU quarterback Jaren Hall connected with tight end Isaac Rex for a goal line touchdown pass and catch for the Cougars’ first points against the Arkansas Razorbacks.
The Cougars hosted the Razorbacks at LaVell Edwards Stadium on Saturday, October 15.
With 5:39 remaining in the opening quarter, Hall hit Rex with a pass behind the line of scrimmage. The tight end took the ball four yards into the end zone for six points and BYU’s first score of the game.
The Hall-Rex connection gave the Cougars a 7-0 lead.
Strolling on in🚶 pic.twitter.com/PIP6ZhHUiw
— BYU FOOTBALL (@BYUfootball) October 15, 2022
After the score, Hall was 4/7 passing for 58 yards and a touchdown. It was Rex’s first reception of the contest.
Hall entered the game having thrown for 1,558 yards, 14 touchdowns, and two interceptions this season. Rex came into the matchup with 10 catches for 131 yards and one touchdown this season.
Respect a man who has a Swig gif. TD Isaac Rex. 🤙 🏈 pic.twitter.com/m0fwSxr2Qi
— KSL Sports (@kslsports) October 15, 2022
BYU’s game against Arkansas is broadcast on ESPN and KSL NewsRadio.
Arkansas vs. BYU
It’s the first time these two programs have squared off against one another. BYU will make the return visit to Fayetteville in 2023 as a member of the Big 12 Conference.
Both teams want to start the second half of their seasons with a much-needed win. Arkansas has lost its last three games, while BYU is coming off a setback against Notre Dame that felt like a missed opportunity.
BYU is 4-2 overall and receiving votes in both major polls. Arkansas is 3-3, and their three setbacks have come against Texas A&M in Arlington, No. 3 Alabama, and Mississippi State.
BYU/Arkansas is a matchup that features a pair of talented quarterbacks Jaren Hall for BYU and KJ Jefferson from Arkansas. Both signal-callers were banged up last week. Jefferson was dealing with a head injury while Hall navigated what appeared to be a shoulder injury.
- Today marks only the third time in BYU’s history that the Cougars are hosting an SEC team in Provo. The previous two meetings were against Mississippi State in 2000 and 2016.
- BYU is 7-7 all-time against teams in the SEC currently.
- Arkansas ranks 11th in rushing offense, BYU is 100th in rush defense
- BYU’s passing offense is 43rd in the nation; the Arkansas pass defense is 127th nationally, allowing 307.2 yards per game through the air.
- A sell-out crowd is expected at LaVell Edwards Stadium.
- BYU has won their last three games as a home underdog.
BYU Cougars Scoreboard
BYU Cougars Team Leaders
BYU Cougars Standings