Salt Lake Bees Announce 2022 Opening Day Roster
SALT LAKE CITY – The Salt Lake Bees announced their opening day roster as the club starts the 2022 season on the road against the Tacoma Rainiers.
The Rainiers are slated to host the Bees at Cheney Stadium on Tuesday, April 5.
Hours before the first pitch, Salt Lake announced its opening day roster.
— Salt Lake Bees (@SaltLakeBees) April 5, 2022
Five of the players for the Triple-A club are top 30 prospects for the Los Angeles Angels, Salt Lake’s Major League Baseball affiliate.
Salt Lake Bees Roster
- Janson Junk (Starting Pitcher)*
- Davis Daniels (Starting Pitcher)
- Ryan Smith (Starting Pitcher)
- Jhonathan Diaz (Starting Pitcher)
- Jonathan Aro (Starting Pitcher)
- Jonathan Aro (Relief Pitcher)
- Jake Kalish (Relief Pitcher)
- Jose Marte (Relief Pitcher)
- Kodi Medeiros (Relief Pitcher)
- Elvis Peguero (Relief Pitcher)
- Gerardo Reyes (Relief Pitcher)
- Keith Rogalla (Relief Pitcher)
- Andre Wantz (Relief Pitcher)
- Zack Weiss (Relief Pitcher)
- Matt Thaiss (Catcher)
- Chad Wallach (Catcher)
- Michael Cruz (Catcher)
- Brendon Davis (Infielder)
- Luis Rengifo (Infielder)
- Kean Won (Infielder)
- David MacKinnon (Infielder)
- Andrew Velazquez (Infielder)
- Orlando Martinez (Outfielder)
- Monte Harrison (Outfielder)
- Magneuris Sierra (Outfielder)
- Dillon Thomas (Outfielder)
* Opening Day starter
- Lou Marson (Manager)
- Brian Betancourth (Hitting Coach)
- Jairo Cuevas (Pitching Coach)
- Ray Olmedo (Defensive Coach)
Salt Lake’s opener against Tacoma will start at 7:05 p.m. (MDT). The game can be heard on The Zone Sports Network.
— Tacoma Rainiers (@RainiersLand) April 5, 2022
The Bees will play the Las Vegas Aviators in their home opener on Tuesday, April 12 at 6:35 p.m. (MDT).