In Case “U” Missed It: 3.28.22- 4.2.22
SALT LAKE CITY- It was a busy week up on the hill which means you may have missed something. Don’t worry! We have a rundown of everything notable that happened this past week so you can catch up.
There were two days of media availability in Utah’s second week of spring practice. Below we have links to everything we ran.
Nothing like the sounds of spring ball 💯 pic.twitter.com/BscrPmX6yZ
— Utah Football (@Utah_Football) April 2, 2022
- Utah Head Coach Kyle Whittingham Highlights Freshmen, Underclassmen Stepping Up – KSL Sports
- Utah Football Is No Longer Just Defense, Running Backs As Tight Ends Have Emerged As A Power Position – KSL Sports
- Cornerback Coach Sharrieff Shah Has Some Fun While Talking Position Group Progress – KSL Sports
Path To The Draft
We are inching closer to the NFL Draft and several Utes are looking to find homes at the next level. Be sure to check out who we profiled this week.
- Former NFL Player Breaks Down ‘Total Package’ Prospect Devin Lloyd (kslsports.com)
- Former Utah Star Britain Covey Discusses NFL Draft Process, Interviews With Teams – KSL Sports
- Britain Covey Relives Favorite Memories With Utah Football – KSL Sports
- Draft Analyst Calls Utah’s Devin Lloyd Clone Of Former BYU LB Fred Warner (kslsports.com)
Once A Ute, Always A Ute
Former wide receiver Steve Smith Sr. made the top 100 list for college football receivers this past week. Full story below.
Fan favorite Kenneth Scott made a quiet return home helping another former Ute, Wise Cilumba coach a youth 7 vs. 7 team from Houston in a tournament held in Ogden this weekend. KSL was on hand for a quick conversation on social media.
— KSL Sports (@kslsports) April 2, 2022
The Red Rocks were up in Seattle Thursday and Saturday competing for their spot in the National Championship for the 46th straight time.
— Utah Gymnastics (@UtahGymnastics) April 3, 2022
- Red Rocks Head To Seattle For Regionals-Where, How To Watch – KSL Sports
- Red Rocks Out Last Competition At Seattle Semi-Finals With A 197.800, Advance to Saturday’s Regional Final – KSL Sports
- Red Rocks Post Back-To-Back Perfect 10s On Beam To Secure 46th Straight Trip To Nationals – KSL Sports
Utah men’s basketball had some movement this week with a player transferring out and another transfering in.
- Former Utah Basketball F Riley Battin Transferring To California Baptist – KSL Sports
- Former Wasatch Academy, Cincinnati G Mike Saunders Jr. Commits To Utah Basketball – KSL Sports
Scores, Other News Of Interest
Utah swim and dive said good-bye to their coach of nine years this week and are conducting a national search for a new coach.
— Utah Athletics (@utahathletics) April 3, 2022
- Utah Swim, Dive Coach Joe Dykstra Resigning After 9 Seasons At The Helm – KSL Sports
- Utah softball is currently in Palo Alto this weekend taking on the Stanford Cardinal. The first contest went to Stanford, a 4-2 decision. Saturday’s game was all about the Utes though, routing the Cardinal 11-2. The final match will take place Sunday afternoon at 3 p.m. MT.
- Utah lacrosse earned their first ASUN conference victory Saturday afternoon against Air Force 10-8. They currently sit at 5-3 on the season.
- Utah baseball was up in Pullman this weekend taking on the Washington State Cougars. The Pingin’ Utes currently lead the series 2-0 with the final contest coming today at 2:05 p.m. MT.
- Utah Track and Field had a very busy weekend highlighted by Skylar Blair returning from injury and claiming a victory in the 400m hurdles.
Utah Utes Scoreboard
Utah Utes Team Leaders
Utah Utes Standings