Unrivaled: Pretend Prop Bets For BYU Alumni Football Game
PROVO, Utah – BYU football is wrapping up spring football this week but not with a traditional spring game. The school decided to host an alumni football game at LaVell Edwards on Thursday night.
The game itself is a chance for alumni to get together with their former teammates and a few they may have never met.
This is not a tackle football game, it will be one-hand touch.
BYU FOOTBALL ALUMNI GAME
How to watch 👇
• Live in LaVell Edwards Stadium
• On the @byutvsports app
***check out the UPDATED ROSTER
Navy vs Royal • Tomorrow • 6:30pm MT pic.twitter.com/CjSlPtpj8q
— BYU FOOTBALL (@BYUfootball) March 30, 2022
This will be a full 60-minute football game with some modified rules in effect.
- Running clock, except in-between touchdowns and final two minutes of the half and game.
- 40-second play clock, but a delay of game means a loss of five yards and a loss of down.
- Quarterbacks can not rush.
- A pass must be completed within four seconds.
- If a sack is called, then it is a loss of down and loss of five yards.
- Punts are allowed.
- No kickoffs, field goals, or punt returns.
- After a TD, teams can go for a one-point play from the 5-yard line, or a two-point from the 10-yard line.
- If there is overtime, teams will each get a play from the 5-yard line and a chance to match.
Fun Prop Bets
Looking at the rosters and seeing who is on Team Navy and who is on Team Royal, Unrivaled’s Alex Kirry and Jake Hatch decided to have some fun and create some fictitious betting props, akin to some of the whacky Super Bowl prop bets.
With this being a game of a bunch of old guys there are might be some injuries during the game but there also might be a few players that suddenly pull a hamstring or something during warm-ups and never actually play in the game.
Here are some of Jake and Alex’s fun, fake bets. Do you have any to add? Let them know on Twitter, @KSLunrivaled.
- Number of times training staff comes on the field – 3.5 (Jake: Under | Alex: Over)
“I am convinced that there will be guys that get injured in pregame warm-ups,” Hatch says.
- Punts – 2.5 (Jake: Under | Alex: Under)
“There is no way Jonny Linehan will punt, he will fake at least two, four downs,”Kirry said.
- Kalani Sitake scores a TD 1.5 (Jake: Under | Alex: Over)
This might be a sympathy play from the other teams with Sitake being the head coach. Both feel at least one is for sure but two will be tough. Kirry elects the over because Sitake might get out there on defense.
- Tackles despite it being touch football – 3.5 (Jake: Over | Alex: Over)
This is a one-hand touch football game. However, these guys are super competitive and the over seems very easy. The two clarify a tackle of someone going to the ground.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct penalties – 2.5 (Jake: Over | Alex: Under)
This could be in the line of arguing – assuming there are officials – or maybe a late push in this game. Both hosts are split on this but expect there to be some shenanigans going on that result in some flags for misbehaving.
- Medical Sales Reps as their careers (12.5) (Jake: Under | Alex: Under)
This is a fun one because it seems that there are a lot of former football players that go into this field.
- Points over under 73.5 (Jake: Under | Alex: Over)
The two spoke with Max Hall and Charlie Peterson about this game on Unrivaled, and that swayed the guys’ opinion on how many points will be scored.
Hatch goes with the under but Kirry feels there will be a lot of points.
“I kept this under my hat. I feel this is going to be a 70-64 type of game,” Kirry said. “Some guy is going to break out and say, ‘no thank you,’ and not run.”
BYU Football Alumni Game
Team Hall vs. Team Feterik
Date: Thursday, March 31, 2022
Time: 6:30 p.m.
Location: LaVell Edwards Stadium
BYU Cougars Scoreboard
BYU Cougars Team Leaders
BYU Cougars Standings